Noob needs advice (GX35/Fisher PhD)

Thanks Zemus and the rest of you fine people from Motored Bikes! What a nice community.

Anyway, I ordered up the belt drive kit from GEBE for my Honda GX35 a while ago. It will be here really soon. I'm extremely excited. I will post pics as soon as I get the install complete and running smooth!

All right everyone... the moment maybe one or two of you have been waiting for :D Dun Dun Duuuuun... my first motored bike build!

It goes around 33 mph with knobbies right now. Honda GX35 to GEBE kevlar/belt kit. The Honda motor is fast enough for me... it's already a little creepy going this fast on a bicycle!

The frame is a Gary Fisher PHD dirtjumper/reinforced hardtail with Avid Juicy 7 disc brakes, Race Face Evolve cranks with external-bearing bottom-bracket and WTB Speed Disc DH rims. Burly stuff! The bike weighs 49 lbs as pictured with slimed tubes (lots of goathead-style thorns around Billings).

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

Attachments

• IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0240.jpg
    IMG_0240.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 167
Awesome bike

Good job !! Did the honda engine just bolt up to the GEBE ???
Thats something to keep in mind if my Tanaka ever tanks...
Now you have 2 days to ride before sub zero weather hits !!!!!!
Would it be cool to have a indoor M/B track for cold places.
Just think how loud it would be with 5 or 6 M/B's running at the same time.
Like Nascar ( well sort of ) or like a swarm of killer bee's!!!!!

:p

Extreme

That's a way cool Extreme ride. I bet you have all kinds of fun riding it around. Keep the wind in your face.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm having an absolute blast with the thing... "while I can before winter" is a disclaimer around here.

Thanks for the compliments! The Honda GX35 does indeed bolt right on to the GEBE kit that comes sized to fit the 76mm centrifugal clutch sizes.

Back