OKO Carb. Leaking from overflow tube

Sumsloppymeet

Local time
1:25 AM
my oko is running her rich that or my float bowl isnt right ill either have her running lean and idleing high then to idling but only with some throttle applied and if i try to get on it she bogs out and dies or if i try to idle to a stop she bogs out so im still on that note right now can anyone one give me suggestions on maybe totally reseting it to factory setting adjust the float im not sure really and how many turn in or out should my air fuel mix and idle screws be turned for a stock setting?

my oko is running her rich that or my float bowl isnt right ill either have her running lean and idleing high then to idling but only with some throttle applied and if i try to get on it she bogs out and dies or if i try to idle to a stop she bogs out so im still on that note right now can anyone one give me suggestions on maybe totally reseting it to factory setting adjust the float im not sure really and how many turn in or out should my air fuel mix and idle screws be turned for a stock setting?
The proper settings for that or any carb really are no more than 2 turns out from closed(all the way in)on the air/fuel adjust screw and not less than 1 so between 1-2,In or closed makes it richer and out or open leans it,This setting is really only for the idle mix, The idle jet may well be to big if turning the adjust screw out past 2 turns doesn't lean it out enough the jet needs to be replaced with a smaller one until it runs right between 1-2 turns out.If it runs better at idle with the adjuster turned in beyond 1 turn from closed the idle jet is to small and needs to go bigger.The idle speed adjust is up to you what ever seems best,Then the needle and main jet need to be set up the same as you would any carb.

If it's leaking at the overflow then you have a bad float or a bad valve, or you simply have the float set too high. Last of course you may have just installed something wrong (I've seen a couple carbs that have parts that fit in backwards or upside down but doing so completely screws up how it regulates fuel.)

Please make sure you didn't attach a fuel line to a breather tube or something silly.

Back