P-85

mony0_3

Local time
10:04 PM
Finally found a machine shop that could drill out my YD100 rod for the 12mm pin and bearing. I used a V1 P-85 cylinder and a Ms-380 piston w/out window. Also tried the 3 extra holes in crank balance and it vibrates at low rpms but smooths out at high rpms. Still breaking in, so not sure how fast she'll go!

Attachments

• 20230811_074640[1].jpg
    20230811_074640[1].jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 20230811_074704[1].jpg
    20230811_074704[1].jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 69
Finally found a machine shop that could drill out my YD100 rod for the 12mm pin and bearing. I used a V1 P-85 cylinder and a Ms-380 piston w/out window. Also tried the 3 extra holes in crank balance and it vibrates at low rpms but smooths out at high rpms. Still breaking in, so not sure how fast she'll go!
Nice mash-up of parts. Interesting to see how it comes out.

That is the same cylinder I had before the bottom rod needle bearings failed, the bike would pull the front wheel off the ground!

I was wondering mostly about the V1 cylinder. The phantom is now on V3, so it's likely gotten better in performance as well
V1 and 2 cylinders are the same. Only change was the wrist pin bearing. First a new bronze style, which failed, then the second gen V2 had the needle bearing, which is what Damien and I have. V3 changed the shape of the upper transfers a tiny bit, and the intake port inside the cylinder quite a bit.

The low rpm vibration is present on mine too. It's actually not too bad and reminds me more of my dual sport with a low frequency shake most unbalanced 1 bangers have. I wanted to get rid of the high frequency stuff at mid to high rpm, which I did.

You could have done that rod yourself, but it would require a drill press with a leveled table and a 16mm carbide hone (20 bucks). Or just redneck engineered it by hand and hoped lol.

The guy I took it to didn't have one I guess, he said it was so hard that he used some kind of technique with water!

Back