Pea cock fuel lever

M

Member 28982

Will this style work... my gas tank had a crack in it, I J-B Weld it, it worked for a while then the crack reemerged. I ordered a new gas tank but it had the female tank. Needed a male peacock.
Anyways I ordered this one and I'm wondering will it work because it's pointed up and not down and I can't find any that just goes straight through from the tank and go down. Will this one work pictured

Attachments

• 20190128_154814_HDR.jpg
    20190128_154814_HDR.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 101
Second time peacock male end snapped off in tank female end as I was tightening it.

Yeah they're made of some thin, pot type aluminum. I bought a small 1 mm thick Viton O-ring to help seal mine and I was very gentle installing it, hasn't leaked so far, but...

With the problems these tanks have with the welded studs pulling loose. I'm going with installing mine here soon with split black 1-1/4 PVC water pipe with self adhesive Velcro patches. The pipes will be clamped in place on the top tube with hose clamps.

Should I do a How-to video on this?

I just inspected peacock fuel lever picture in first post. Appears that only a 1/4 of the threaded male piece broke off. If I can rescrew into female tank threads. Will peacock operate even if exit of peacock pointed up?

Attachments

• 15487162580713318727031092166822.jpg
    15487162580713318727031092166822.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited by a moderator:
I just inspected peacock fuel lever picture in first post. Appears that only a 1/4 of the threaded male piece broke off. If I can rescrew into female tank threads. Will peacock operate even if exit of peacock pointed up?

Can you get the broken piece out of the female recepticle of the tank?
If you can do that, then for sure, that petcock will work.
Get some sealall and put that on the threads of the petcock.
Then thread it into the female end of the tank.

Just make sure that you do NOT over tighten it this time.

You could even add another ruber washer if you have one, then tighten it slowly and don't go Torque'n it down :D

Ride Safe!

HP

Back