Planning my 1st mb project :)

well i got the bike :D. says he barely used it and its just been in his garage, and i believe him with that. bike just has a bit of dirt on it but thats aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :D.

this shall be interesting..
img0986e.jpg

img0987n.jpg

img0988m.jpg

excuse my dirty garage :)

Looks to be in good shape for the money! Most people build the beach crusiers to start with, but you are smart to get multi-gears. Can pedal assist with single speed, and when you get more serious, add a shift kit! :)

There is a spacer for the back of the engine to push it forward and give you more room for the carb/air cleaner. Should be with your kit.

Thank you Hawaii_Ed for the advice :). Yes there is a spacer for the back of the engine, I screwed it off while I was trying out how to position it on the bike. I haven't started anything yet (will tomorrow), just wanted to make sure there was pedal clearance.

One question, what am I supposed to do with the front of the engine, its hard to tell but in the first picture, it can't go around the frame. :unsure:

That is a common problem on these builds, you have a few options. The worst is to drill the frame, you put a plate across the two bolts with a hole in the middle, and then put a bolt through that, through the frame. Option two is to buy or fab a mount using a muffler clamp. I like that better.

I love everything from these guys:
http://sickbikeparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=74

While you are there, pick up an NGK plug and a wire at least too :)

After being bored and decided to just check out the parts, I attached the carburetor. I was about to go crazy when I couldn't get the whole engine to fit with it on, i was like :eek:, then I removed the front engine studs then it fit. :p.

Haven't done much as you can see...
img0989n.jpg

img0990n.jpg

img0991z.jpg

Problems i've come across...
The screw (or at least I think its the screw) for the control box isn't long enough so I'm going to need to find another....

The wires wired to the brakes are on top of the bike underneath the gas tank (i THINK I can get it to a point that the gas stank is steady but isn't too tight on the break wire)

im going to need to figure something out for the front mount (do I even need one? puahaha).

Its probably impossible to see in the small pictures but if you happen to spot something wrong, please tell me :p.

Last edited:
I've installed the sprocket and shortened the chain and that parts working great.

Still need to:
Install clutch mechanism (kinda confusing, not sure what goes through where).

Get longer screws for control box.

Get front mount.

Get some gas :D.

I believe thats all :).

I'll get the screws tomorrow and install the clutch probably tomorrow to if can figure it out. I hope to be done by tomorrow afternoon.

The screws on the control box anyone what size they are?

Biddy biddy bump bump.

Which measurement do I use?

FROM THE TOP
img1011t.jpg

or FROM THE SIDE
img1009f.jpg

I know from the top it doesn't look anywhere 2 inches but thats because the angle the picture was taken at. I think from the top its like 2 1/4" (safe) to not touch the frame, 2" will probably work.

From the side (its pretty long), 2" looks about to be the measurement. If I purchase the front mount will the "U" bolt be long enough to go past the frame?

Last edited:
Looking good. The bike was a good score.
You do need the mount, glad to see you went with Sick Bike Parts gear. From what I have seen, they are the best to deal with and can offer advice on the parts they sell you.
Have you got the clutch worked out?
You can attach the 'control box' with cable ties in place of bolts. I think your frame is too big for the bolts that come with the kit.
I also remember reading on this site about the tank spacers for bike with cables running down the top of the frame. You don't want a loose tank. If it can go wrong, it will. Try searching the fourm for this..
When I put my kit on, I was in a hurry to get it on the street and didn't put the tank on well (same reason as you, cables) well after it fell off, I had to find a new tank...

When you are ready to roll, it should be all fun!

Back