Quirky stuff

wrenchin 4 fun

Local time
1:09 PM
While working in the shop today my mind took a stroll into the land of "I wonder what". More specifically, I started wondering what quirky habits you guys exhibit while doodling away on your projects. In my case it's vacuuming the floor every time I create filings from drilling on grinding. I must vacuum a dozen times a day. I think it's a phobia from hearing my dad say while working on our gokarts, "Those west bends won't last long with dirt grinding the bearings." Thanks to ole dad I spend as much time cleaning up as working the project. What are your quirks?

I clean up filings as much as I can too lol. I hate the ones from drilling steal that get the cutting oil everywhere too.

I think my main thing is I am always paranoid when grinding something with my angel geinder is possibly damaging another project if I'm not paying attention. I have burnt the paint on nearby things when using an angle grinder alot of times.

I’m a compulsive shop cleaner too..
So you’re not alone.
When I use the drill press or grinder the shop vac is under my feet.

I have a pet cat always in the shop so I don’t want him picking up needle filings or drill slag in his feet.

I do however tend to leave a bunch of tools everywhere u til I'm done with the job I am using them for. I hate having to get the same tool out 6 separate times

While working in the shop today my mind took a stroll into the land of "I wonder what". More specifically, I started wondering what quirky habits you guys exhibit while doodling away on your projects. In my case it's vacuuming the floor every time I create filings from drilling on grinding. I must vacuum a dozen times a day. I think it's a phobia from hearing my dad say while working on our gokarts, "Those west bends won't last long with dirt grinding the bearings." Thanks to ole dad I spend as much time cleaning up as working the project. What are your quirks?
Me, I'd sweep the floor. I vacuum carpets not concrete, sup homey?

You reminded me of another quirk, GW. As soon as I clean up, I usually put all the tools away. Why, you ask. One, if I don't stay organized, I can't find anything. And second, I need a lot of work bench space for most of my projects. Now you know why it takes me so long to accomplish anything!

You reminded me of another quirk, GW. As soon as I clean up, I usually put all the tools away. Why, you ask. One, if I don't stay organized, I can't find anything. And second, I need a lot of work bench space for most of my projects. Now you know why it takes me so long to accomplish anything!
That's not a quirk, that's just good shop etiquette/protocols. I always put tools back. Everybody should.

I’m not done until every driver, wrench, socket, ect., ..clean and… all put away where they belong.