Ram air vs rejetting carb

we're not implying ram air or forced air works we are implying simply the carb is turned backwards and while riding air passes the air filter and creates a suction behind the carburetor thus not allowing your carburetor to have full potential and intake air flow we are simply deflecting to where it can catch and breathe efficiently
The problem with what your implying is it makes no sense, atmospheric pressure is constant and no vacuum or suction is created behind the carb at the speeds these bikes travel at. Let me put it this way, there are people whom run with the carb in front of the engine with the venturi completely unobstructed and it still doesn't effect the jetting or the amount of air that passes through the carb body! This is because a 2 stroke's intake is not constant it's a pulse that relies on the atmospheric pressure to work, it has nothing to do with the surrounding air speed!

More specifically, atmospheric pressure is constant at whatever specific altitude you reside in...The higher the altitude, the lesser the pressure, but always, definitely, a constant...lol...DAMIEN
Just wanted to add " As long as you are still on earth. In space the pressure gets quite low. Ram air might help there" lol ;)

The problem with what your implying is it makes no sense, atmospheric pressure is constant and no vacuum or suction is created behind the carb at the speeds these bikes travel at. Let me put it this way, there are people whom run with the carb in front of the engine with the venturi completely unobstructed and it still doesn't effect the jetting or the amount of air that passes through the carb body! This is because a 2 stroke's intake is not constant it's a pulse that relies on the atmospheric pressure to work, it has nothing to do with the surrounding air speed!
ok but in a real world test run by 2 opposite people have proven that their is a vortex create behind the carb. as a matter of fact both of us got the exact same results +2mph topend and a quicker response from the carb itself. my jetting is dead on with a perfect chocolate plug. and eventhough the carb works on pulse it still sucks in air from outside the carb once the port is opened. now if that outside air is being drawn away even slightly by the passing air curving around the pan of the carb opening it will not take in its full potential of air and literally will be fighting itself to pull in air. the only way to put this to rest if for more people to ride on this theory

ok but in a real world test run by 2 opposite people have proven that their is a vortex create behind the carb. as a matter of fact both of us got the exact same results +2mph topend and a quicker response from the carb itself. my jetting is dead on with a perfect chocolate plug. and eventhough the carb works on pulse it still sucks in air from outside the carb once the port is opened. now if that outside air is being drawn away even slightly by the passing air curving around the pan of the carb opening it will not take in its full potential of air and literally will be fighting itself to pull in air. the only way to put this to rest if for more people to ride on this theory
also my fuel is a 35:1 dominator

It's your bike, your fix, but I'm saying if the ram air helps, your engine is not tuned correctly. The way mine is set up, it should be sucking the fuel out the filter since the shape is tapered, as I ride. It does not do that. The speeds we travel, and motorcycles even, there just is not enough air flow to cause it to create a vacuum behind the carb. In fact the way it works is, air actually rushes towards the carb, because its the way air flows around the head and jug. There is a dense stream of air right at the carb mouth, shoving itself into the carb. Carbs don't suck air, atmospheric pressure pushes it in.

just gotta try it improvements on 2 seperate motors. I have also found their is a sweet spot on how much air you should angle tward the carb i have 4 tubes that trap air If i plug the 2 top ones it runs 1mh faster than having all 4 open and so with 2 air tubes i get an ovrrall + 2mph with 4 open tubes i get + 1 mph overall. with no tubes open +0mph. can we explain this?

with
just gotta try it improvements on 2 seperate motors. I have also found their is a sweet spot on how much air you should angle tward the carb i have 4 tubes that trap air If i plug the 2 top ones it runs 1mh faster than having all 4 open and so with 2 air tubes i get an ovrrall + 2mph with 4 open tubes i get + 1 mph overall. with no tubes open +0mph. can we explain this?
no tubes im implying just a cone filter

You are not well enough informed on this subject and therefore just don't get what is being said here, Neither the carb nor the engine suck in air/fuel, atmospheric pressure rushes in through the carb body when the port or reeds open due to the case pressure being lower than that of the atmospheric pressure outside of it, the outside air is not drawn away from the carb in a vortex or vacuum or ever air speed around it because it's NOT moving fast enough nor does it have the pressure to over come the atmospheric pressure so the only fight here is you beating a dead horse not understanding the facts! Your gains though small are very easily explained since you've unshrouded the carb of it stock cover the volume was slightly increased which is normal and to be expected, put a more restricted air filter on and you'll lose that volume gain it's really quite simple!

can we explain this?
In my case, yeah...I only had to replaced my stock NT carbie restricted air filter with a better, low profile, free-er air flow type of air filter...The completely stock Zeda 80 i have with this set up, on an 80 pound bike with my 217 pd fat butt sitting on it achieved 47 MPH with a tiny bit of throttle left over...Thats plenty enough for anyone on a simple bicycle with a motor strapped to it...Im not ever expecting it to be a full fledged motorcycle...lol...DAMIEN

Your gains though small are very easily explained since you've unshrouded the carb of it stock cover the volume was slightly increased which is normal and to be expected, put a more restricted air filter on and you'll lose that volume gain it's really quite simple!
Very simple and very true Street Ryderz...lol.

Back