Ram air vs rejetting carb

Wevil Knievel

Local time
2:44 PM
Ive spent quite a few hours experimenting with many different ways of "forcing" air into the carb and this is what I have found.

The carb sits in a very turbulent and oxygen deprived spot and has a negative air supply on most bikes and is basically fighting to breathe and needs just a little help to have a constant Positive air flow.

Just a small deflector to carry a stream of air is all it needs. Ive found that a pvc sink trap cut right after the turn on the side opposite the flared end does wonders.

I went from 38 to 40 mph with a top end sputter to 45 and its smooth as a bumble bee with faster, stronger and smoother acceleration.

The key to making it work is placing it in a spot so as not to hinder low rpm velocities and using the right diameter diverter.

I no longer need to rejet my carb it runs that smoothly.

Of course this will not work for everyone but it is definitely worth looking into if you are having top end sputter problems and is an alternative to rejetting.

Seems the stock carb location emphasizes long air filter life over performance. Its not a problem when you can clean the filter yourself and reinstall it.

my ram air also has given me 2mph on top speed. I agree with the spot of the carb being in a bad spot. I have found that the air passing the filter creates a vortex just behind the carb that creates a vacume effect. just like a slide does in a carb. choking out your true potential for air intake. creating ram air fixes this problem depite what others will tell you. just glad that im not the only one anymore that know ram air is very beneficial. it is a must try for anyone looking to better their carbs peformance

my ram air also has given me 2mph on top speed. I agree with the spot of the carb being in a bad spot. I have found that the air passing the filter creates a vortex just behind the carb that creates a vacume effect. just like a slide does in a carb. choking out your true potential for air intake. creating ram air fixes this problem depite what others will tell you. just glad that im not the only one anymore that know ram air is very beneficial. it is a must try for anyone looking to better their carbs peformance
20210718_175834.jpg
My Ram Air design

This makes no sense, and we've been through this again and again with folks not understanding how a 2 strokes intake works first and foremost then understanding at what speed and volume of air will over power atmospheric pressure. Ram air simply put does not work on a 2 stroke, if this were a viable way of making improvements of air flow through the body of the carb and actually effected the volume with a gain all 2 strokes would have been manufactured that way!
How do you explain a very turbulent and oxygen deprived spot and has a negative air supply, when atmospheric pressure is constant and most reed valved 2t's use an air box? Oxygen deprived? How?
A better understanding of how a 2 stroke works is needed here along with air flow characteristics.

This makes no sense, and we've been through this again and again with folks not understanding how a 2 strokes intake works first and foremost then understanding at what speed and volume of air will over power atmospheric pressure. Ram air simply put does not work on a 2 stroke, if this were a viable way of making improvements of air flow through the body of the carb and actually effected the volume with a gain all 2 strokes would have been manufactured that way!
How do you explain a very turbulent and oxygen deprived spot and has a negative air supply, when atmospheric pressure is constant and most reed valved 2t's use an air box? Oxygen deprived? How?
A better understanding of how a 2 stroke works is needed here along with air flow characteristics.
we're not implying ram air or forced air works we are implying simply the carb is turned backwards and while riding air passes the air filter and creates a suction behind the carburetor thus not allowing your carburetor to have full potential and intake air flow we are simply deflecting to where it can catch and breathe efficiently

we're not implying ram air or forced air works we are implying simply the carb is turned backwards and while riding air passes the air filter and creates a suction behind the carburetor thus not allowing your carburetor to have full potential and intake air flow we are simply deflecting to where it can catch and breathe efficiently
simply try it.it will improve throttle response and top speed

Back