Rear tire and motor locked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for my tank (half a gallon tank) i should mix it in a can first? And should i use a bit more oil , i would rather have a little more oil than not enough, don't wanna starve my engine again

20:1 is already more than most people run. I personally run 50:1, but wouldn't recommend any less than 40:1 to most people

32:1 has worked for me this last 7 or 8 years & mixing a gallon at a time makes measuring easy

NOTE: walmart sells a spout for $4 that goes nicely on one gal oil jugs or antifreeze jugs or trans fluid jugs which all work well for gas & aren't as difficult to pour out of as "approved" gas cans

I was just wondering about my fuel filter, when i put in a new tank of gas and oil i will see the oil sitting inside of the little fuel filter but after riding around for a little bit i don't see it in the fuel filter anymore .im asking because i just want to make sure oil is getting into my engine, is it supposed to do this?

most oil has a blue dye in it so you can tell how much oil is mixed with the gas - you should see that in your fuel line - if you see just oil, you're not doing it right - if you see nothing in the line, try pushing the tickler button on left side of carb while watching line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back