Sasha's Run - charity ride

If you aren't on Jemma's route dig into your pockets. She has a Paypal account for this.

Jemma -- not sure if I could keep up with you with my top speed being 22 mph - but - would enjoy seeing you in San Diego.. Would like to invite a news reporter friend of mine to give you an interview -- John Mattes from Fox 6 News.. If you get a chance - look John's resume up on the internet.. One interesting guy - who - if we could get interested in an interview - would bring much notice for your cause - be great for MBs also.. I would also like to donate a little $ for some gas.. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

When your in the Boston Area, I can see about getting you some sponsorship... I work for a large multi national company and I'll talk to one of the marketing people..... They may ask that you put a logo on your bikes or give you a t-shirt or something like that....

In Boston area, careful of the roads we've got potholes you can see China through!!!

I forgot to add that Route 1, which might seem like a promising route to and around Boston is closed to bikes of all sorts.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have just emailed both Staton (they do trikes) and GEBE - might as well have the two commercial heavyweights involved (and since I do ride a GEBE the comparison between the two would be good).

Comfortable shoes - Corporate sponsorship would be faaaantastic, its exactly what we are looking for. T-shirts shouldnt be a problem or I was thinking of a in frame panel for all the logos of sponsoring companies.

Eastwood - you are more than welcome to join in - the more the merrier and the safer - two girls travelling alone is probably not the best idea.

Mountainman - let me get a hold of some nitro - sure I can help your machine along lol - seriously, I can hold that speed on mine without trouble - you'd be more than welcome (and more to the point 35mph on a hardtail machine *hurts* after a while). Re the media coverage - Im definately interested, however it would be me on my own since my co-rider doesnt want to get involved with the media etc - she has her reasons - contact me by email and I will tell you more.

Uncle_punk - thank you for the offer. if people could tell me the towns they are in and where they are I can start putting a more detailed route together :)

anyone who wants to get involved with either monies, facilities or parts/fuel/oil and other materiel - my email address is jemma.rochelle@gmail.com

If you could detail:-

what you are donating - or in the case of those offering a place to rest/repair your location (town or general location will do for now) so as I can work out a more detailed route.

thanks all in advance

Jemma xx

Jemma, what you have planned is just stellar... I have no bike (got stolen) no job and no place to stay at the moment, but I can offer you my humblest admiration and support.... You go girl!!!!

Once bitten, twice shy...

I havent been around, for a few reasons, primary Police harrassment, health reasons (doctors playing spot-the-brain-tumour, or bobbing for Myesthenia Gravis) and other fun things - including serious depression.

I am starting to get back on my feet and starting to think again about doing this - if anyone is still around who would like to give me suggestions and support it would be received.

I know I can get a years driving licence transfer document for US driving, since I did it before (the joys of a slushbox with a case full of neutrals should be impossible, but the US managed it, not to mention the Plymouth Voyager stuck on 30 degrees port rudder...). The problem is that I dont know what the situation is because I have a car licence, even though my original licence covered a learner plate on mopeds up to 125cc.

I have the green & white bike still - which was good for 189mpg @ 35mph last time it was running - I will need to do some work on the bike - its a backpedal brake & I want to fit up caliper type brakes, duel brake lever, lockable throttle (think a simple cruise control) and few other bits.

If anyone is interested in supporting this let me know.

The background to it is fairly simple, but not a happy story. I met Sasha around may 2008 - we met online and got on well - at the time she was in the final stages of terminal cancer and my health was on tenterhooks as well. we became close and I was organising to go out to see her when I got the news that she had died in Sept 2008. Originally from the UK the NHS had treated her extremely poorly in my opinion, so the family had moved to the US. They are now back in the UK. We are not in contact, sadly everything she prophesied came to pass..

I came up with the idea of this ride as a way to combine helping people live, and die, as well as they can with this disease and to raise money to help scientists find ways of treating it, with doing something that I enjoy. Not to mention bringing these machines and their eminent efficiency (when they arent burping up neat petrol) to a wider audience.

This is not a game, and this is not a joke for me. If monies can be raised and problems surmounted I fully intend to do this and complete it, although whether the RetroEagle will still be rideable by the end of it is anyones guess. My personal opinion will be it will be like the 'axe of my ancestors' - there will probably be a few original bits left of it, but others will have passed by the wayside.

Back