Some Success With 72 Jet

yuckfoo

Local time
7:15 AM
I'll post a video later. I mixed a new batch of fuel (32:1) up from the 20-something:1 I was using. I also changed the jet from 70 to 72. It now starts rather easily every time. I still have that "whir - whir -whir" sound and the choppy pulling that goes with it, but that tends to go away once I take the throttle past cruising. I'm starting to think that maybe that is the clutch. Perhaps I have one or a few pads that are a bit thicker than the others? I'll check out a video on adjusting the clutch and see. Maybe I just need to loosen it a bit, or just let it wear in.

I'll post a video later. I mixed a new batch of fuel (32:1) up from the 20-something:1 I was using. I also changed the jet from 70 to 72. It now starts rather easily every time. I still have that "whir - whir -whir" sound and the choppy pulling that goes with it, but that tends to go away once I take the throttle past cruising. I'm starting to think that maybe that is the clutch. Perhaps I have one or a few pads that are a bit thicker than the others? I'll check out a video on adjusting the clutch and see. Maybe I just need to loosen it a bit, or just let it wear in.
By enlarging the jet, and lowering the oil, it points back to the original problem, way to lean. It's why a plug chop is so important. It tells you oil, gas, and if the plug is too hot, to cold, or goldilocks. The electrode strap tells you plug temp, the ring on the threads at the very bottom of the threads pointing into the chamber tells you oil, and the base of the ceramic part in the center tells you fuel.

By enlarging the jet, and lowering the oil, it points back to the original problem, way to lean. It's why a plug chop is so important. It tells you oil, gas, and if the plug is too hot, to cold, or goldilocks. The electrode strap tells you plug temp, the ring on the threads at the very bottom of the threads pointing into the chamber tells you oil, and the base of the ceramic part in the center tells you fuel.
The color of the photo is a bit off. The electrode tip is more of a slightly brownish gray. The one thing I noticed is that there are two different color sections on the ring (bottom of the threads. Two spots are black, two are not.

Attachments

• spark plug 01.jpg
    spark plug 01.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 111
Just the ring on the end of threads says oil. Center bottom of ceramic is gas and electrode says heat. A tiny bit of grey is fine. All coated in grey is lean or to hot a plug. Look at the strap. Is the heat creep past the bend? I cant really see the pic good on my phone. Someone on a pc will chime in or I'll look when I get off work and let ya know what I think.

Someone on a pc will chime in or I'll look when I get off work and let ya know what I think.
Its not even a good enough pic for a PC...It needs to be taken as a close up as well as sharper, less blurry to make out more distinct plug features...More on the idea of this pic of my plug as seen below...DAMIEN

DSCN0177.JPG

Its not even a good enough pic for a PC...It needs to be taken as a close up as well as sharper, less blurry to make out more distinct plug features...More on the idea of this pic of my plug as seen below...DAMIEN

View attachment 159119
I took the picture with my GoPro. They aren't so great for detailed pictures. I'll get out my camera and take a better one.

You can see two black spots around the ring. (picture 1)

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 100
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 99
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 97
  • P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG