Starter / Generator Available for Genuine TLE43?

Sorry to hear about all the problems.

Hey, I am learning from your adventure. I am looking for a small mill.

Looks like one is needed to work on this stuff.

Sounds like you are almost there in having a gen on a TLE. Sweet ! ! !

Thanks for the info

Awesome Moondog!

Glad that SOMETHING useful can be gleaned out of this. Yes a small mill would probably be in order...

Part of me was furious for how poorly constructed the generator was...but on the other hand...there's a HUGE chance that it was literally made by an indentured 7 year old.
And to think that China is poised to be the next super power, as we slide back towards the third world....craziness.

I just spoke to the mechanic and he said to bring it back in a couple weeks, and he'll finish the project. By the time it's done I could've bought a whole DE kit...so that's depressing...If I would've just stopped and did a comparitive cost analysis...I woulda bought the 2nd motor kit first...I only wanted the 12v power to keep my battery fresh, so I could heckle the local CB crowd...but all I get from them is "shut up you dirty Californian!", etc...

Live and learn.

Sorry that it's would up being such an expensive project.

I just had a thought (know that it's not helping you now though... :() Since quality control is apparently so bad on the clone starter/generators, it might have made sense to buy another one, from a different source, before going through the re-boring/balancing of the original one at the machinist.

They can't ALL be bad!

Hey Lou,

No worries, it turned out being a bit more pricey (ok alot more pricey) than I had first planned, but if it weren't for your advice I still wouldn't be anywhere close to having 12v power...now I'm only about $150 away.

I was thinking the same thing about trying another generator. This thing was so bad out of center and balance that it couldn't possibly have worked, even on a clone motor. But as you know with the Chinese products...you could buy 100 sequential units, and some of them will be perfect, and some of them will be worthless. No way to know until you buy it.

I'm not regretful about my situation, except that I should've stopped long enough to realize that I wanted another motor kit more than I wanted a generator.
Now I have to ride by myself... when I could've motorized another bike and had someone to ride with... DOH!

Last edited:
Back