Stock NT carb (Modifications Guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I gotcha now..lol

I might buy one of those brake cylinder hones and run it till the bottom levels with the floor and see where it ends up size wise.

However, Now the jet is in the path way of flow instead of only the needle..lol.

I'll play with it and find all I can with it...cheap enough to replace if I mess up somewhere..lol
It actually helps to have the emulsion tube sticking up a bit rather than down flush to the floor,It's like blowing across the top of a straw and has more draw.

I'm gonna order one of those hones and give it a shot then...if it still idles normal I'll add it to the mod list for the thread.

I appreciate your input.

Have you tried adding grooves between the grooves of the needle to help with fine tuning?..I was thinking about trying that.

Mine has 4 grooves and I've heard some have 5?...maybe newer versions or for the speed version?

Stuff like that varies all the time you never know until you look at it lol.
Lol ok.....well, I may order the speed carb and a jet kit along with that cylinder hone to play with down the road on these carbs...With my CNC intake i ordered I should be able to hone a bit more on that to match up to something...Just future planning..lol

I'll be taking this thread a bit further with the NT carb mods and add it to what's already been shown...Some reaching efforts going on here but I think it will be worth it and that hopefully some of you may find it interesting.

To be continued.

Well, this is what I've done ..."stealth" velocity stack.:cool:
IMG_20171020_221240.jpg

IMG_20171020_221143.jpg

I did remove the exterior choke arm assembly but I plan to add it back so it looks as if it's functional.

I need to grind out a little where the plastic seal fits around the screw hole area so it sits back flush again.

The area in which air now enters is smaller but is still more than enough to feed the motor with much less turbulence...One could expect this mod to enhance throttle response more than anything...You could simply spend $20 or more for a CNC velocity stack if you wanted..I spent $5 and about 1 hour of labor.

I possibly see one more area that can be improved upon on concerning air flow...I'm going to research it a little bit and and consult with an old friend of mine...If it's something we both maybe agree upon as worth the efforts, i'll share it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back