stops running when clutch is pulled

Carboned up exhaust? What does the plug look like? How many miles in three months?

Alright, I'll stop now.

this is my suguestion go to a hill and just go really fast let off the clutch and since ur going fast u have a little time to tweek with the motor while ur trying to start it just pedal ut to about 25mph let it turn over alot. just do some adj to the idle screw and stuff.

ps. make shure the gas valve is open

been on vacation glad to be back....anyway plug is fine exhaust is fine. seems to be doing the same thing, dying right when the clutch is pulled unless you give it gas to keep it going but you almost have to keep it at full throttle im still boggled :p

Did you try a new plug?
What gas/oil mix are you using?
Have you actually checked the intake gasket closely?
Is the float sticking and flooding the engine? (gas coming out of the air filter)
How easily (or not) does it start?

Feed me...long distance diagnostics are a biotch!

i didnt try a new plug but the old one is still getting spark the bike only has aprrox 500-600 miles on the engine....

gas mix now is 32:1 i broke it in with 4-5 tanks of 20:1

intake gasket was s**t but replaced that with a new gasket which didnt help

float in carburetor is not sticking gas is being regulated how it should no leaks

starts fine just needs to be primed and choked like always

Try a new plug, gapped at .020 instead of .035. Use a good plug, not a crappy Chinese one like the engine comes with.

There's a list of plugs around here somewhere.....Autolite 425 or 4093 for starters.

See what happens, it's under two dollars to find out if that's it.

BTW, let me get something straight, does it run O.K. once you get it going and dies when you are off the throttle and pull in the clutch? Or does it run generally crappy all the time?

i will try a new plug can i find them at any autoparts place or is it a specialty item?

reply to your question
"BTW, let me get something straight, does it run O.K. once you get it going and dies when you are off the throttle and pull in the clutch? Or does it run generally crappy all the time?" it runs OK when i got it going and dies when im off the throttle and pulling the clutch

To answer Scottfl82's quextion....no, those are regular auto parts store type plugs. You can find them at Wal-Mart too.

Also, yes, try turning your idle adjuster screw in, mine was nearly all the way in before it would idle properly until it was broken in, now I've been able to turn it our a couple...I'm approaching 300 miles.

Back