Titan R3 vs. GXH50 and a couple others...

Conradcliff, are you SURE there is room on your bike for the chain ANNND chainguard, from engine to left-side jackshaft sprocket?:eek:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure...all that is going to be mounted on the rack mount. The engine will be mounted on the plate and two arms protruding from the front of the plate will hold the bearings for the jackshaft. The chain will run from the side of the motor to theleft side of the jackshaft and then another chain will run from the right side of the jackshaft down and forward to my freewheel crank that I purchased from SBP.

My next step is to figure out ratios because I think I screwed them all up.. :geek:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure...all that is going to be mounted on the rack mount. The engine will be mounted on the plate and two arms protruding from the front of the plate will hold the bearings for the jackshaft. The chain will run from the side of the motor to theleft side of the jackshaft and then another chain will run from the right side of the jackshaft down and forward to my freewheel crank that I purchased from SBP.

My next step is to figure out ratios because I think I screwed them all up.. :geek:

Conrad, I think the Honda is a much superior engine to the HuaSheng - not in reliability because they are both very good but simply in its greater power output which is noticeable. Only a serious user would justify the price difference and increased assembly cost of the Honda for that extra power but I am one of those users. I wouldn't want to mount a GXH 50 on the rear because I reckon it's too heavy but why do you want to have a rear mount and jack shaft if you then run a chain all the way forwards to the crank? It sounds illogical and it seems to me that a frame mount would be better because you aren't running chains over such distances. I might have totally misunderstood your intentions but how can you run a chain from high up at the back to the crank chainring without it snagging your leg? Without question the best balance is achieved by having the motor in the frame like on a motorbike but I understand some people don't like this arrangment and it's no good for womens bikes but it seems unnecessary to have a rear mount when you are going the long way around to finally drive a chainring on the crank. Glad you have biffed the 2-stroke idea and opted for a 4-stroke.

Back