U-bolt damaged frame

I'm just saying.... LoL too

Attachments

• 20181210_123737_HDR-1.jpg
    20181210_123737_HDR-1.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 91
I'm just saying.... LoL too

Yes but with the fit between the engine's mounts, the PVC shims, and the frame, you can't slip a piece of paper between the shims and the engine's mounting arches.

And that's without the clamps bolted up. I keep telling you, these bike engines were made for old school lugged frames.

Well when this bike fails. I'll start looking for a old school Schwinn:)
My chain is rubbing against the chain stay at slow speeds. Trying to figure out a way to protect the chainstay. Without causing the chain to damage itself. Because it's a huge hassle and dangerous at high speeds when a chain link breaks.

If a 50’s Monarch isn’t “old school” then someone tell me what is. Prewar frame?

Who said it was aluminum? Lmao

And who reads the manuals on these things? Most of us know what we’re getting in to.

***no one uses those V styled frames. Most of Those don’t square up either

You can mill down and lower the front mount and add washers under the rear mount to get better motor alignment and more even TQ while tightening the mounts.

Some frames may need it reversed - spaced out fromt mount and filed down rear mount block.

If a 50’s Monarch isn’t “old school” then someone tell me what is. Prewar frame?

Who said it was aluminum? Lmao

And who reads the manuals on these things? Most of us know what we’re getting in to.

***no one uses those V styled frames. Most of Those don’t square up either
Just my 2 cents. That's a good looking frame. I would have your welder split some tubing and weld it sandwiched over the damaged area. Then I would use a mount setup with steel tube shims like this to isolate the pinch points and metal stress causing vibration from the frame. You can usually achieve square mount by increasing the space between the clamp and plate at the front mount. Generally just the additional height provided by this mounting setup will be enough.
View media item 61612

Back