Vibrations

Franky oh

Local time
1:31 AM
How to reduce vibrations? Is there any way of doing it other than just addingsome more rubber between the frame and motor? I have the ported zeda80 on a cranbrook and I rode it for the first time today. At about 30ish the vibrating gets really intense. It's bearable but I'm afraid stuff on the bike start loosening up

hDlbmW4.jpg

no bike was made to handle vibrating motor strapped on, but rubber just makes it worse - I use a bit of PVC in mounts

If your mounts are really tight then the thin rubber is already compressed to its limit. It neither helps, nor hinders.

I didn't and wouldn't put anything other than solid incompressible material between the engine and frame.

I'm not interested in sprung saddles either. Can't be arsed buying one just to prove it though..
I believe in Newton's third law of motion.

I think the more pressing issue for the OP is the lack of proper brakes on that bike.

I have the ported zeda80 on a cranbrook
My condolences.

You want to go solid metal to metal mounting.
Mount the engine square against the seat post, then get a sick bike parts front mount so you have a solid front mount and it will pass the 'Shove Test'.

Grab your engine head with one hand, the bikes top bar directly above it with the other hand, and shove the engine back and forth AS HARD AS YOU CAN!

IF THE ENGINE MOVES AT ALL IT IS A FAIL!

Sadly, you have a rear hub replacement in your near future as well, Cranbrooks are known for it, but then again what did you expect from a $89 bike?

Back