YD100 Top Speed

Search

Local time
2:43 PM
So my YD100, still breaking in, fastest I got it so far has been just under 35mph (today actually)... I was wondering how fast other YD100 owners have got their motors and what mods have been done to achieve that speed. I really want to be able to go 55-60 (Iol I know... I'm prolly dreaming) not to use on the regular at that speed but just to have it in my back pocket... It would be nice to at least go 40-45 to be around the speed limit and not constantly get passed

I read on here the other day to wait until the engine was fully broken in and then add mods one at a time and I really wish I saw that sooner... if for no other reason than to see what performance they truly added, if any...(who knows, I might be going faster with stock parts)

I think this coming weekend, I'm going to throw the BoFeng back on there for giggles and see if there's any performance difference between the HP.... (which I think I finally got in tune... fingers crossed... today it worked like a charm...)

Also , as per forum advice, I switched to conventional oil for break in purposes... I def. feel a difference between conventional valvoline and fully synthetic stabil... feels like it takes a little longer to start (or that could be because of how I tuned the carb... as I did them both yesterday)

Anyhow, as usual I appreciate you all. You guys are awesome. Can't wait to read the comments. I'm glad I found this forum.

So my YD100, still breaking in, fastest I got it so far has been just under 35mph (today actually)... I was wondering how fast other YD100 owners have got their motors and what mods have been done to achieve that speed. I really want to be able to go 55-60 (Iol I know... I'm prolly dreaming) not to use on the regular at that speed but just to have it in my back pocket... It would be nice to at least go 40-45 to be around the speed limit and not constantly get passed

I read on here the other day to wait until the engine was fully broken in and then add mods one at a time and I really wish I saw that sooner... if for no other reason than to see what performance they truly added, if any...(who knows, I might be going faster with stock parts)

I think this coming weekend, I'm going to throw the BoFeng back on there for giggles and see if there's any performance difference between the HP.... (which I think I finally got in tune... fingers crossed... today it worked like a charm...)

Also , as per forum advice, I switched to conventional oil for break in purposes... I def. feel a difference between conventional valvoline and fully synthetic stabil... feels like it takes a little longer to start (or that could be because of how I tuned the carb... as I did them both yesterday)

Anyhow, as usual I appreciate you all. You guys are awesome. Can't wait to read the comments. I'm glad I found this forum.
Even if you do get up to 45 mph, it can't be held at that speed for a very long. Meaning on 26" tires you'll have to be doing around 8000 rpm using a 10/34 drive. Which will take a lot of pedal assisting and time to get up to speed. If you're a large person and/or have steep hills to climb; 45 mph is probably not going to happen other than going down steep hills.

As for riding at the speed limit, vehicles will still pass you. If you don't have a wide, debris free, and safe shoulder to ride on or the lane isn't 14+ feet wide; the safest place for you is in the center of the lane. This is known as Lane Control and causes traffic to have to switch lanes in order to pass. Riding to the far right in standard lanes (11 feet wide) entices vehicles to do a squeeze by on you. Sideswipes are the most common vehicle/bicycle accidents when the cyclist wasn't at fault. You should be at least using helmet mirrors and hand signals as well.

Watch all 3 parts of "Cyclist Eye View". Being a good MBer starts with being a good cyclist first.

Appreciate the info. I've had to ride my bike everywhere for the past 7 years so I've adjusted well to it lol.
One thing I never did hear about was helmet mirrors... had to look it up. I would never wear one because I feel goofy enough wearing a helmet , but I did buy one and do wear it with the gas motor... I did put mirrors on the bike as well but I'm probably going to take them off since they don't do anything... the bike vibrates too much to see anything out of them (plus even with the bike not on, they're too small to be worthwhile).

Appreciate the info. I've had to ride my bike everywhere for the past 7 years so I've adjusted well to it lol.
One thing I never did hear about was helmet mirrors... had to look it up. I would never wear one because I feel goofy enough wearing a helmet , but I did buy one and do wear it with the gas motor... I did put mirrors on the bike as well but I'm probably going to take them off since they don't do anything... the bike vibrates too much to see anything out of them (plus even with the bike not on, they're too small to be worthwhile).
The helmet mirrors will help a lot in letting you know what's happening behind you. On my bike I have front suspension. I also did other things to stabilize my handlebar mirrors.
1000003170.jpg
1000003174.jpg

If you want to go the speeds you mentioned you should invest in an actual motorcycle helmet

Only people with brains worth protecting should wear helmets. People who are trying to make others think they're cool don't need to wear helmets.

Back