Top end backwards

YEP...lol...And we are getting close once again to that time of year...lol...Nat Knig Cole knew all about those chestnuts being roasted...lol.

Yeah, but the winter time would be the one time I would actually want to ride one of those bikes. Not in 100 degree weather wearing full riding gear with a small camp fire under my backside.

Yeah, but the winter time would be the one time I would actually want to ride one of those bikes. Not in 100 degree weather wearing full riding gear with a small camp fire under my backside.
It sounds very exciting...lol

Also, ram air? probably I wouldn't go fast enough, but it'd be something.

Yes it has been done before.
full

The reason this was tried was to shoe horn an engine into a tight frame. I imagine the performance would be worse because ports would have to be modified to have almost no ability to direct the fresh charge, meaning a lot of blowback into the carb.

Mr 2 stroke stuffing has been struggling with his current PiP project because of blowback. He tried playing with reeds and side valves only to find out it was the transfer ports after weeks of experimentation and a full rebuild of the engine.

While the result does look cool, do you think it's worth the time and money? If so, put your nose to the grindstone!

The reason this was tried was to shoe horn an engine into a tight frame. I imagine the performance would be worse because ports would have to be modified to have almost no ability to direct the fresh charge, meaning a lot of blowback into the carb.

Mr 2 stroke stuffing has been struggling with his current PiP project because of blowback. He tried playing with reeds and side valves only to find out it was the transfer ports after weeks of experimentation and a full rebuild of the engine.

While the result does look cool, do you think it's worth the time and money? If so, put your nose to the grindstone!
money? ehh..nevermind. I put it on the normal way. maybe I'll change it later...

I'm planning this build to be as cheap as possible. So far I have the motor kit and I'm about $10 in.

Could always use 20 inch wheels on a larger bike and use shorter cranks. I'm pretty sure the over locknut dimensions on bmx wheels are 110mm to 120mm. An adult sized coaster brake beach cruiser will have the rear forks spaced for that same range.

This guy tried swapping just the rear wheel to get a lower gearing

I made the mistake of buying brand new bikes. I should have bought beater used steel bikes and spent the difference on nice wheels, forks and brakes.

Back