new yd100

or thicker gaskets. Honestly, it would be nice to have an engine that didn't require removing 2-3mm of material from the head and jug to get decent compression. Most engines have the piston so far away from the chamber it has to send the compression by express mail to get it there on time.
It would just be boring if everything just worked 🤷‍♂️

Big day tomorrow I start putting my bike and engine together I'm going to try to do some minor porting tonight. I ordered a machined head today for the avenger. Can't wait.
Cool, One thing, that stock plug is absolute trash, I had hard starting and a clip I saw on YouTube had the same issue.

I recently swapped to a BP6HS and for me at least it starts right over and runs like a champ.

I got 1 liter in so far and it's a little monster.

So far the muffler is tight, but had I had a rivet gun on hand, I would put a couple more rivets in it just in case.

Cool, One thing, that stock plug is absolute trash, I had hard starting and a clip I saw on YouTube had the same issue.

I recently swapped to a BP6HS and for me at least it starts right over and runs like a champ.

I got 1 liter in so far and it's a little monster.

So far the muffler is tight, but had I had a rivet gun on hand, I would put a couple more rivets in it just in case.
Be careful with suggesting a BP6HS. That plug is longer than the standard B6HS. My BT80 takes a BPR6HS, but I wouldn't put that plug in another china doll.

P= Projected electrode. The electrode "projects" into the cylinder a little more (about 1mm-ish) to expose it more to the charge. This has 2 effects - better exposure to the intake charge for theoretically better ignition, and it behaves as a slightly hotter plug due to the added exposure to the flame front after/during ignition.

I run the BPMR7A plug, which also has a projected electrode, but also has a 1/8" shorter threaded body.

P= Projected electrode. The electrode "projects" into the cylinder a little more (about 1mm-ish) to expose it more to the charge. This has 2 effects - better exposure to the intake charge for theoretically better ignition, and it behaves as a slightly hotter plug due to the added exposure to the flame front after/during ignition.

I run the BPMR7A plug, which also has a projected electrode, but also has a 1/8" shorter threaded body.
I might switch to that one for my Phantom, I don't like how far a BR6HS goes into the phantom cylinder.

Back