new yd100

Maybe I shouldn't be thinking about the next bike for the zeda 100 but I've been thinking kind of a trail bike/off road on road bike I also like the looks of the sixthreezero beech crusier bikes they maybe a bit expensive but well built. I'd like to do a reto Cafe reservation maybe kinda build?? All the posibilities.

Man I'll admit it I'm not very mechanical inclined but I am wanting to learn and I do like tinkering with things. If you have some advice I'll accept and appreciate. I'm a bit intimidated but I just have to remember if I get frustrated walk away. Did you do any pre installation on the engine?
This video helped me prepare the engine for installation. Things that I would not have thought of without watching

And this also helped me

There are lots of different ways you can build a bike. I built mine to resemble an old harley cruiser

Attachments

• 20230715_205212.jpg
    20230715_205212.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 20230706_142815.jpg
    20230706_142815.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 34
Hey GW's Motorized do you remember any of the results of the dyno on the avenger?

Here's the video. It made 4hp and the curve was even all the way up to 1200 rpm. After the pull the piston was slapping the dead. While talking to Ethan Smolik he said that the base gaskets compressed causeing the piston to extend above the deck.

And also once you've completed your build do bolt checks and spark plug checks after riding for a bit. I had to re-torque the head bolts and my spark plug loosened up a bit on me. I switched to an NGK-BR6HS as suggested by others but had a hard time tightening it with a Cresent wrench at a 45° angle because I could not use the tool for the stock plug as the nut is bigger

Here's the video. It made 4hp and the curve was even all the way up to 1200 rpm. After the pull the piston was slapping the dead. While talking to Ethan Smolik he said that the base gaskets compressed causeing the piston to extend above the deck.
If that happens, I guess a little bit can be shaved off the top of the piston to prevent that

If that happens, I guess a little bit can be shaved off the top of the piston to prevent that
or thicker gaskets. Honestly, it would be nice to have an engine that didn't require removing 2-3mm of material from the head and jug to get decent compression. Most engines have the piston so far away from the chamber it has to send the compression by express mail to get it there on time.

Back