Pwk jetting question

Pancho86

Local time
4:53 AM
I recently installed my reed valve, piston, and maikuni 21mm pwk oko carb. I'm trying to figure out what range of jets I should buy to tune this thing in. I have a yd100. I'm running the ones that came with it and the main jet is too rich, and it's a 105, the piolet jet is a 35 or 33 I don't remember. I'm using the needle with the least sever taper. It's super sluggy and no torque. Any suggestions?

I believe mikuni, pek, and oko are all different carbs. Which one is it?
Maikuni. That was my other thing I know all these diff. Brands have diff numbers for diff sizes. I'm running I guess the k105. And the 35(for sure) idle jet. It still need to be smaller too. The way it's running now is at about 70 percent effency. I know I need a 100 or smaller for the main but I. Can't find anything below. 100 that matches the. Length of my jet. 95 and lower are these little short jets. Will they work in my carb since they're 5mm also? I suspect not due to the depth of the jet.

1000000695.jpg
my question is this, if my carb runs main jets that look like the bottom 2 rows, can I use the jets in the second row?

Because I've found a series of 90s that are the short ones that I think would work, I mean I have a number 100 coming Wednesday but I think I'll need smaller than that before this is over

I had to look this up. Thought someone misspelled Mikuni…

Mikuni is a brand carb
Maikuni is seller of PWK type carbs.
China always playing trickery with words… bait n switch stuff to hook buyers.

Maybe Maikuni is a brand..even if it is..it’s still too close of a word to the Mikuni brand carb.
Meant to piggyback on the Mikunis goodwill.

Attachments

• IMG_6231.jpg
    IMG_6231.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 24
I had to look this up. Thought someone misspelled Mikuni…

Mikuni is a brand carb
Maikuni is seller of PWK type carbs.
China always playing trickery with words… bait n switch stuff to hook buyers.

Maybe Maikuni is a brand..even if it is..it’s still too close of a word to the Mikuni brand carb.
Meant to piggyback on the Mikunis goodwill.
1000000675.jpg
yeaj that's the same carb

Ok, if anyone's watching this I could use some input because I'm confused. This morning I get on my bike and it's 31.degrees, I only needed the choke for like 2 seconds and then it had a nice steady idle. I let it warm for a sec and decide to put a little load on the motor and start putting around. I got vicious response, no drop below idle once I let go the throttle, so I take off. Slow at first and then more gas, and that thing took off like a demon! It was delivering everything the interweb promised and then some. That is until it got warm. Then it started getting mushy, had to feather the throttle. To try and stay with the power curve. Too sudden an acceleration and it boggs all the way down, and it wants to "blip" (my term for cut out) when you snap the throttle from idle (clutch disengaged) you have to really twist it so it'll skip over the cut out. Not sure if this is making sense. What would cause the carb to act this way once it gets hot. The air mix screw, but no matter how much I play with it , it still does it. I get the air screw set to where I have a nice drop in rpms when I let go the throttle without it dieing but it still has that cut out when I first hit it. I'm still thinking main jet, I'm at 105 like I mentioned, maybe a 100 will be enough. I have ordered a 90, 95, 100 mains and a k32 piolet. That should help, unless my problem is something else, that's why I'm here. Thanks.

Back