yd100 to p85

Andrew1234

Local time
3:44 AM
I have a yd100 with a 12mm crank and want to convert it into a p85 do I have to measure anything else to make it work or should it just bolt on?

It was designed for a 40mm stroke, so if it comes with anything less your squish gap will get larger, not smaller. Mechanical obstruction is not likely. The Phantom also runs with 2 base gaskets out of the box. I have a 40mm stroke, I removed 1 base gasket, removed material from the deck and jug flange, and the meteor piston is taller than the stock one. My squish gap after all of that is .9mm.

You should be A-ok.

It was designed for a 40mm stroke, so if it comes with anything less your squish gap will get larger, not smaller. Mechanical obstruction is not likely. The Phantom also runs with 2 base gaskets out of the box. I have a 40mm stroke, I removed 1 base gasket, removed material from the deck and jug flange, and the meteor piston is taller than the stock one. My squish gap after all of that is .9mm.

You should be A-ok.
Alright, thank you and I will give updates when I buy the piston and cylinder and do you know where I can get a full gasket set for the p85?

Alright, thank you and I will give updates when I buy the piston and cylinder and do you know where I can get a full gasket set for the p85?
The exhaust and intake gaskets are on Bicycle-engines. Base gasket is standard yd100. The intake gasket is also generic. Just the round hole version with 40mm spacing.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back