P85ers delete thoes reeds

I'm 16, and I know better than to go WOT with any of the 2 stroke motors. Shoot I don't ride WOT with my bt80.
well im middle aged and my throttle cable is tighter than a snair drum but i know my limits by the sound of the pipe and response from the bike

I won't get too long winded with this reply. I am the only currently active moderator on the Phantom builders facebook group, and yes... there are a lot of special children in that group. Moving on.

My own build thread goes into detail on the V2 piston and cylinder having cylinder wall clearances in the "hotdog in a hallway" class. I also have openly stated many times I don't trust the stock pistons. Even the V3, although it has been extremely and supremely more reliable than the previous versions, still seems to be a bit loose on the tolerances.

I bought 3 aftermarket stihl pistons to check difference measurements, a Meteor and Hyway MS460 and some brand I don't remember M380. The Meteor was the only piston that fit the Phantom properly and had a tight but in spec. cylinder wall clearance. Aka no piston slap. A lot of this is in my first build thread for my phantom. The Meteor is also the most heavy duty piston for the MS460 saws, with the thickest supports, skirts, and crown. It comes at the cost of being the heaviest of the three, but I will take a bit of weight for a bit of reliability. I'm not building a race engine.

I did actually window my meteor piston (with rather large windows), and it has been holding up just fine. That said, if I were to do it again I would run the Meteor piston without windows. If for no other reason than the Phantom makes more power without the reed and windows.

My 2 cents has been delivered.

I rode my buddy's 500, 0-60 it was pretty quick. I didn't go over that though, and neither did he.
I had a Kawasaki 500 Triple when I was in the 11th grade
I only had it for 6 months then my USAF Dad got stationed to Hawaii and I couldn't take it with me
Yeah that bike was wicked fast, compared to what was on the street in 1978

It wasn't the power of the H2 that made it dangerous. It was HOW it delivered the power, and the fact that it was built on 1970's chassis technology and brakes. The modern supercharged H2 is about 4 times more powerful than the 2 stroke 1970's bike, and it is infinitely less scary to ride despite the fact that it goes 0-150mph in less time than many cars can reach 60mph (9.4 seconds if you are wondering).

My VFR1200 is a stupidly fast bike, but compared to the modern H2, it's just normal fast. The H2 is Wile E. Coyote strapping himself to an Acme rocket levels of ridiculous. If you need a visualization of what I mean...

Back