What are all the mods i can do to the stock china engine?

Officialmilehigh

Local time
6:29 PM
Hello everyone I am new to the forum and I want to know allege mods I can possibly do to the stock China engine to make it faster I was going to put new gaskets on everything I was thinking a new head and exhaust maybe window my piston I'm not sure yet if you have any suggestions let me know please! My bike is in the picture

Attachments

• 1508350463677-2054585131.jpg
    1508350463677-2054585131.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 204
with the exception of a proper expansion chamber (ie one sold for something else) all the mods that involve throwing money at it do very little. if you want to make power, the only way to do it is with a dremel and a degree wheel.

Bolt ons are garbage unless you fix the inherent issues on these China motors.

Something as simple as removing casting flash from all the ports and just clean them up a bit would be more noticeable of a difference than using a CNC intake and the super high performance NT speed Dellorto mikuni Keihin supercharged clone carburetors.

As mentioned above the best would be an expansion chamber exhaust but who knows what rpm those are tuned to make power at...The "considered"best pipes going are the MZ65 and the Arrow snake pipe...Both relatively expensive costing $80 or more but they will make a difference, just not as big of one as they could be with some other work done.

Honestly unless you can fix the manufacturing issues, bolt ons will be very minor improvements.

consider all bolt-ons to be supporting mods. a larger carburetor isn't going to do anything useful without significant porting work, an aftermarket exhaust isn't going to do much without cleaning up the ports, an aftermarket head isn't going to do much without making more power to begin with, a smaller sprocket is going to make your bike worse unless you've got the power to support it

In other words don't buy anything bolt on just yet and work on the important stuff first like the bad quality control for the cylinder castings.

You don't have to even really have to port (as in make them bigger) them in a sense to gain a bit more power. The motor is already capable of alot more power but you have to unleash it first.

Here is a pic of my cylinder im working on now...I'm not doing any major porting at all and the ports remain the same size as stock just capable of much better air flow to increase power the motor is already capable of.

This is the stock exhaust port of my zeda80 motor...see all the casting flaws?
IMG_20171015_123126.jpg

This is the same stock port but cleaned up which will now flow much better helping to create more power...The worse off the castings are from the factory, the more power lost.
IMG_20171015_145246.jpg

This is the Finished port with some polishing.
IMG_20171017_174552.jpg

You can do the same treatment to the transfer ports and the intake ports (except for the polishing) to unleash more power potential you already have in your stock motor....Now those bolt ons you seek will make a much larger impact with adding power, providing you choose your parts wisely.

You can even make more power with your stock carburetor and intake manifold and exhaust system as well as even the stock cdi...The power potential is there, you just have to do a little coaxing to bring it all out.

If you decide to work on the ports don't just jump in...There are some important things you need to know first so ask around before starting.

Last edited:
I wouldn't do anything to make that bike faster without first fitting a front brake!

Winter is coming. It would be great to have some quality road tyres (the bike is clean so I presume that it is only ridden on paved road), and some fenders so you don't get dog **** in your eyes at 30mph.

I got a 90 dollar kit ebayed cnc carb expansion high comp head spring load chain tension boost bottle it did 38 today I'm waiting on reed valve I suck at it need to learn "Port and Polish" anybody have any info would love to hear thanks

I got a 90 dollar kit ebayed cnc carb expansion high comp head spring load chain tension boost bottle it did 38 today I'm waiting on reed valve I suck at it need to learn "Port and Polish" anybody have any info would love to hear thanks
Re read post #5 , porting requires some knowledge as to not going overboard and not making the windows larger than the flange area or the flange area more than 1.15 x larger than the window so that they flow properly.

Back