What its come too

Haroryder9709

Local time
2:01 PM
So this bikes got some bad ju-ju Ive had nothing but problems since putting it together. First the carb issues and recoil starter issues still having to this day for pull start. To the chain/drivetrain issues. And kickstands not working. Which the center double legged one broke cuz ot was cheap. Now i broke the only set of 26" forks i have. So now its 20" rim an forks temporarily. Looks knarly and haven't road her yet.
IMG20230503151940.jpg

OK, gotta ask this. How did you break a set of forks w/o riding the bike? Kick stands are not all created equal, some good, a lot not so good.

OK, gotta ask this. How did you break a set of forks w/o riding the bike? Kick stands are not all created equal, some good, a lot not so good.
Let me let me retract that previous statement about not riding it what it should have said was I haven't ridden it yet with the 20 inch forks and tire on the front I was riding it when I broke the 26-in forks

That frame as well as the front fork, they aren't made out aluminum by chance, are they???

Which the center double legged one broke cuz ot was cheap
As far as the stand is concerned, with the size and weight of that motor, you can't use the cheap ones, they will break on ya everytime...You need something more heavy duty with that setup.

Carb issues, need to be a lil more specific about what it's doing. Those carbs once dialed in are very forgiving and can run well. Small debris getting into the jets are an issue. You need to use an inline fuel filter that is designed for a gravity feed.
Pull start, you need to use firm steady pulls, not like Superman. Only pull on the rope when it engages the engine, never from a rest. 16 years I've never broken one by using it properly.
Chain/drive train, need specific details about what's wrong. Is it aligned, sprocket to sprocket? Is the chain loose? ETC..................,.

Back