What the broken chain rollers is going on here!?

I like Carburator or brake cleaner, use outdoors, flamible, can damage plastic, for very
dirty parts. For moderate grime, a stiff brush and some Automotive spray cleaner
[ refillable pump bottle ] and a later blast with very hot water. Be careful around graphics, either cleaner can damage them.

Simple Green is gentle to fine plastics, while not the most aggressive, removes
milder greases. Oil up with detergent motor oil to soften grease, than wash.

Awesome, thanks! I bought some carb cleaner before and that stuff shot out of the can in a jet stream! It was hard to be accurate with it (I was aiming at spots to test air leaks.

If you use the carb cleaner, should you rinse with water before re-lubing, or does it matter? It's mainly dirt and not grease I need to get off the chain.

As far as plastics go, I can't think of any around the chain area.

If you hose down the bike with water like a car, outside out the air filter is there any areas to avoid? It would be nice if you could stick your bike in an automatic car wash ;)

Plus use real motocross chain lube. It's made to stay on and work under the worse conditions, racing on dirt. I'm useing Dumonde TECH BHP Chain Lubrication & O Ring Conditioner. It doesn't say what BHP is but it goes on kind of like a gel then like soaks in.. all I know is it's the best chain lube I've tried :p

I actually do use motorcycle chain lube now (not sure the name), but I was trying that dry teflon stuff from Lowes because someone said it was good. It wasn't enough lube for me. the chain runs much smoother with the motorcycle stuff. It's like you describe; sticky and soaks in.

Back