Where's my o ring?

Whitewill1412

Local time
4:50 AM
I know I put an o ring in the carb where it goes on the intake manifold. This is on my first build with the stock NT carb. I just took the carb off to put a bofeng on it and the o ring is gone. I was just riding this bike and it started right up and was running strong. If it ate the o ring I don't think it objected to it. Let me take the manifold off and see if it's stuck in there

While I have this apart I can also see that I need to get a new intake gasket and cut it to match the port. I should have done that in the first place, but I didn't know that. I don't want to mess with this gasket right now because it is the only one I have and don't want to destroy it

If you have the ability to perfectly flatten surfaces (ie glass plate and at least 600 grit wet sand paper), you should flatten the intake port surface and the mating intake tube/manifold surface. Then just use a thin film of black rtv, no gasket required.

Its a good idea to do the same procedure with the head and top of the jug too. The castings are always bad, and the machining is never very good.

If you have the ability to perfectly flatten surfaces (ie glass plate and at least 600 grit wet sand paper), you should flatten the intake port surface and the mating intake tube/manifold surface. Then just use a thin film of black rtv, no gasket required.

Its a good idea to do the same procedure with the head and top of the jug too. The castings are always bad, and the machining is never very good.
I did sand smooth the head and intake, but I used the stock gaskets

I got the bofeng on and started it up. It's running good. I was gonna throw a pipe on today too, but now it's getting late. I got other things I gotta do. Maybe after work tomorrow I will put the pipe on and see how much I can annoy the neighbors before I attach a muffler to it

Attachments

• 20230623_175622.jpg
    20230623_175622.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 51
Back