Where's my o ring?

I know I put an o ring in the carb where it goes on the intake manifold. This is on my first build with the stock NT carb. I just took the carb off to put a bofeng on it and the o ring is gone. I was just riding this bike and it started right up and was running strong. If it ate the o ring I don't think it objected to it. Let me take the manifold off and see if it's stuck in there
I had NTs for years before changing to the BoFengs, I never had an NT come with the O ring, I always had to get one from O'Reilly's Autoparts since they have the Viton O rings for oil and gas resistance.

When I switched to the JRL BoFengs, that was the first time I saw O Rings come with the carby's.

Is it possible you remembered wrong in this instance since the NTs never seem to come with them, at least they never did for me...lol.

I had NTs for years before changing to the BoFengs, I never had an NT come with the O ring, I always had to get one from O'Reilly's Autoparts since they have the Viton O rings for oil and gas resistance.

When I switched to the JRL BoFengs, that was the first time I saw O Rings come with the carby's.

Is it possible you remembered wrong in this instance since the NTs never seem to come with them, at least they never did for me...lol.
I know for sure that I put an o ring in there. I even posted somewhere on here about it.

What motor is it that your running again?
This one is a regular 66/80cc I got from Umoto on ebay. It's a really good kit. It came with all the better parts. Even the clutch lever is really nice. It's a trigger type and you can't over pull it like the ones that a lot of people have now. I got one like that and I got my money back on that

I know for sure that I put an o ring in there. I even posted somewhere on here about it.
While I have this apart I can also see that I need to get a new intake gasket and cut it to match the port.
I always found the stock kit intake gaskets to be problematic, mine always leaked until I replaced it with this one described below...A world of difference...It is only for the 66/80cc motors though, NOT for the Phantom 85, it won't fit the Phantoms as the intake is much larger.

"Get rid of the stock exhaust gasket that came with the engine kit and clean off any other "goop" that you may have tried along with it.

Use this Toyota Highlander O2 sensor gasket instead, available at Toyota dealership or also at autoparts stores such as Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, etc.

Here is the current Toyota dealer parts#/stock#, for that gasket...89466-20020-83.

If you shop Autozone, Amazon, etc., its a "Dorman" brand part number ...Dorman 47021...

When installing this gasket, you will need to slightly elongate the holes that go over the studs/bolts...I use a slightly largerbolt to do this through those holes.

You will notice that this gasket has some metal affixed to both sides of the gasket...The side that has the most metal is what goes against the exhaust pipe itself...DO NOT use any gasket sealers with this gasket."

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I always found the stock kit intake gaskets to be problematic, mine always leaked until I replaced it with this one described below...A world of difference...It is only for the 66/80cc motors though, NOT for the Phantom 85, it won't fit the Phantoms as the intake is much larger.

"Get rid of the stock exhaust gasket that came with the engine kit and clean off any other "goop" that you may have tried along with it.

Use this Toyota Highlander O2 sensor gasket instead, available at Toyota dealership or also at autoparts stores such as Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, etc.

Here is the current Toyota dealer parts#/stock#, for that gasket...89466-20020-83.

If you shop Autozone, Amazon, etc., its a "Dorman" brand part number ...Dorman 47021...

When installing this gasket, you will need to slightly elongate the holes that go over the studs/bolts...I use a slightly largerbolt to do this through those holes.

You will notice that this gasket has some metal affixed to both sides of the gasket...The side that has the most metal is what goes against the exhaust pipe itself...DO NOT use any gasket sealers with this gasket."
I already have one of those Toyota gaskets. I need to get another for the second bike. The one I have is still in the package

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
For now I'm gonna use this gasket on the seachange exhaust

Attachments

• 20230624_173122.jpg
    20230624_173122.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 48
Back