Which 2 stroke kit for a newbie?

Pwilk20

Local time
4:29 AM
Hi, I'm new to motorized bikes, I'm reading and watching as much as I'm able. I need to educate myself about this new hobby :)

So, I've purchased from Walmart a Hyper Cruiser which I'd like to power by a 2 stroke.
I'm not sure which engine kit to buy. My budget is $150. I see generic ebay kits for around $100, are they any good?

I see there are two competing companies, Zeda and PK80? Is that right? Which kit is of better quality?

I'm not looking for something crazy fast, just somewhat reliable.

Any other recommendations for a kit? Thanks!!!

Paul.

I'm pretty new to the hobby also, but here's my two cents:
If you have a decent set of tools and an engineering mind, then you can probably get the ebay kits to work.

If you don't have much skills, I'd go with a friction drive from Staton-Inc. They are much easier to install and there is much less stuff to break down.
The ebay kits might look more elegant and be better on the tire, but they aren't very reliable (from what I've read).

Also 2 stroke or 4 stroke? I prefer the 2 strokes because they are lighter and have more power per CC. I am using the Zenoah right now and it's excellent.

The Staton kits are going to cost you more bucks up front, but they should last a LONG TIME compared to those China kits.

It can't be a friction motor, I'm set on a single cylinder 2 stroke in the middle of the frame. Just love the look of it on a cruiser bike :)

The runwell pk80 is a good choice and BMW is a reliable vendor.

Back