Wind generator?

I think that that generator will work for me. I am going to try it out at least. Just going to have to figure out a mounting bracket to put it above the SBP shift kit

I have a solar voltage regulator that will work with this. (harbor freight, has the kit on sale again for $179, again) I also have an DC-AC converter that I can add in.

Worst case I build a windmill. LOL

be sure to take pics! i figured you guys knew a lot about it.

If you get it,first stick it on a drillpress and connect up to your powercenter& battery,to check it out.Would be nice to be able to monitor battery charge current and gen. output voltage at different speeds.Then you can figure out,what the drive ratio to it should be,watch out for excesive output voltage from the generator !
As far as I can remember this motor has no internal cooling fan,so it could be prone to overheating,when operated continuously.The DC-AC convertor by the way is not part of the kit, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are correct the DC-AC converter is not part of the kit. I have a Targas, designed to power a laptop. It is relatively small, I have a bigger one that I use on the kit right now.

I don't have a drill press, my neighbor does, but I don't know if he has an RPM controller on it. Will consider heat, probably can add an impeller to cool it if needed.

These things often have the chuck rpms posted on them,mine does.They typically run at either 1700 or 3400 (unlikely) rpm. a 1:1 pulley ratio would give you around 1700 which is in the ballpark

Last edited by a moderator:
Back