Would you be interested in better 2 stroke crank seals

Interested in buying a set of better set of crank seals?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

mountain80

Local time
4:48 PM
Just seeing how many are interested in buying pairs if crank seal as I am waiting on info for a shipment of 100.

I found 14.6 x 27 x 7 mm nitrile dual lip with spring on one lip . Rubber backed.Not happy with stock seals calving .Only problem is I have to do a large order as they have to be made. As long as we have clearance on magneto side(about 3 mm wider than stock), they will work for both sides of crankcase. would anyone out their be willing to purchase them in pairs once I can get a manufacturing date and total price???

How much $$$ do ya need to have these 100 seals made?

Members who have had parts made in bulk before usually have to pay out of their own pocket.
This also proves to everyone that you believe in what your doing.
But once the parts are made and tested. Members will start to buy em, and if their reviews are good they will recommend you to other members. Soon everyone will want one and the'll sell out fast. You'll be known as "Mountain the Crank Seal Guy" :ROFLMAO:

If the M/B engine came with defective crank seals from the factory and the only solution was to have seals made.
I'm sure members would pre order thru you. But there is no big demand for crank seals at the moment Sorry

I am waiting for the quote including shipping and duties than I will have a final cost getting them here. Yes I know the seals come in 2 different widths. Read original post and you will see I am only getting the one width that should work for both well see.

I might be interested I'm still waiting for a side seal to arrive from China if that is your crank seal its been over a month got a phony track number just how long do I have before I have total engine failure?

Ok everyone I am in the process of seeing wether or not I am able to obtain 2 samples for R&D I am not wanting to fork out big money on a gamble just yet. Stay tuned. I have received a final quote from the maufacturer on a run of 100 seals. My cost alone for this small of a run is 6.00 USD each as I have to pay for customs and duties as well as get them up here to Canada. I am looking elsewhere as well for better pricing of course.

Update- They will not send me a sample as they have to do a batch run ☹

The inner seal lip of the Chinese seal for the left side (TC14.8x27x3.8mm) seem to fit snugly onto the seal surface of the shaft. Would a TC15x27x5mm seal work? These are a common size. The 3.8mm thickness is pretty thin, and I was able to set it in recessed about 1.5mm. I haven't tried, but a 15mm ID seal may fit the shaft, and a 5mm thickness may also fit the depth of the bore.

The inner seal lip of the Chinese seal for the left side (TC14.8x27x3.8mm) seem to fit snugly onto the seal surface of the shaft. Would a TC15x27x5mm seal work? These are a common size. The 3.8mm thickness is pretty thin, and I was able to set it in recessed about 1.5mm. I haven't tried, but a 15mm ID seal may fit the shaft, and a 5mm thickness may also fit the depth of the bore.
I am going to order some 15mm id seals and check sizes. Laying out 600$ US to gamble without a set to sample is not going to work. Idea is now put to rest oh well.

Back