Zeda 88 muffler on 50cc

expansion chambers don't typically improve top speed much, a properly designed one will increase midrange torque. I'm not entirely sure if a pipe for a 66cc will bolt up to a 50cc but it's a simple matter to adapt exhaust flanges

expansion chambers don't typically improve top speed much, a properly designed one will increase midrange torque. I'm not entirely sure if a pipe for a 66cc will bolt up to a 50cc but it's a simple matter to adapt exhaust flanges

Same which is why I was discussing the purpose of the mini expansion banana muffler chamber.

It's particular size is for those who 48-50cc and is found that it was miss badged toward 66/80cc a chamber of such size is too small for a engine above 50cc resulting in restriction and 4 stroking vs the full size competitor at 9k plus rpm.

So would a banana muffler expansion have benefit as it can be gutted unlike it's pure banana formed sibling which is stuffed with a restrictive baffle set?

Last i think I may need a larger sprocket to gain more top speed.

Chasing 30 mph but only receiving 23mph top speed with pedaling assistance which is 2mph difference if I did not pedal at all.

Small sprocket low end torque but loss of top speed, bigger sprocket loss of torque burn higher top speed.

give-me-f***ing-strength.jpg

50cc should be just a tiny bit faster than 66cc on flat ground - unless you got stuck with a 36T sprocket on it, your motor isn't running right - you need to fix it before modifying

50cc should be just a tiny bit faster than 66cc on flat ground - unless you got stuck with a 36T sprocket on it, your motor isn't running right - you need to fix it before modifying

I have a 44t and really don't have an idea what's up with it, I think it has something to do with the carb leaking but they say its normal/ typical with the China bikes.

It doesn't appear to be leaking from the carbuerator it's self but more likely from the lines.

Could it be improperly broke in?

Pretty sure it's not a mechanical issue the plug reads perfect but everytime I clean the filter seems to run better but once warm the rpm falls off then I pedal and it picks back to maximum rpm of 23mph then falls back to 21 mph like there is a lag between top speed.

I only weigh 150lbs could be a mild defect it likes 16:1 more then anything but still drives 20-21 on any mix from 16:1- 40:1 the 16:1 puts torque in.

I've looked left and right for issues it doesn't misfire or have run on issues.

I know it can't be anything I've done. The needle clip has nothing to do with top speed but my wheels are 700c the kind inbetween 24-26 inches.

May it by chance be from box store assembly issue from drag? Poor grease sounds logical thus promoting less wheel free spinning.

I don't here exhaust leakage it just doesn't want to speed 30mph.

How does one count the teeth inbetween gaps or at the head of tooth?

Normally I count the teeth tips.

Same which is why I was discussing the purpose of the mini expansion banana muffler chamber.

It's particular size is for those who 48-50cc and is found that it was miss badged toward 66/80cc a chamber of such size is too small for a engine above 50cc resulting in restriction and 4 stroking vs the full size competitor at 9k plus rpm.

So would a banana muffler expansion have benefit as it can be gutted unlike it's pure banana formed sibling which is stuffed with a restrictive baffle set?

Last i think I may need a larger sprocket to gain more top speed.

Chasing 30 mph but only receiving 23mph top speed with pedaling assistance which is 2mph difference if I did not pedal at all.

Small sprocket low end torque but loss of top speed, bigger sprocket loss of torque burn higher top speed.
that last part, you got it backwards. smaller sprocket means a higher speed at the same rpm, but less torque at a given rpm.

66cc expansion chambers should be about the right size for a 50cc motor, they're all too small for a 66cc. I learned this long ago, and as such have been designing my own expansion chambers for about 3 years. pipes for an 80cc kawasaki are closer to right for our 66cc motors.

that last part, you got it backwards. smaller sprocket means a higher speed at the same rpm, but less torque at a given rpm.

66cc expansion chambers should be about the right size for a 50cc motor, they're all too small for a 66cc. I learned this long ago, and as such have been designing my own expansion chambers for about 3 years. pipes for an 80cc kawasaki are closer to right for our 66cc motors.

Sounds to me what 66/80cc means it's a 80cc stuffed in a 66cc casing.

That's why it cannot breathe with banana expansion mufflers but OK looks like its just time to hit the old drawing board

Back