Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
well finally got around to this project . it was a motorized ratfink bike but due to vibrations it cracked in half . the top tube broke in to and the cracks at the bottom of the seat post cracked in half so i threw it on the side of the house for about a year . so finally took it to a welder and cut out the top tube and replaced it with chromoly pipe and welded on a motor mount pipe to stop the vibration and welded up the extra cracks and pretty much welded were i thought it might crack in the future. took it apart and sent it to the powdercoater a nice blue and put back in the engine and what a ride it is . so far all stable no cracks and riding sweet! larry ca
A few days ago I just did the painting and final assembly on my Honda GX35 powered, front wheel drive bike. It uses a 1960s vintage Raleigh 20 folding frame. I built a flatbed cargo rack and removable sidewalls using locust wood (harder than oak), intended to allow my wife to haul two bags of groceries back from the local grocery store. The geared front wheel drive works great, and the bike works great as a normal bike with the motor off. This has been my goal with both of my motorized bikes. It uses an 18.75:1 gear reducer from David Staton (www.staton-inc.com), which is a little heavy at 8 pounds but should last forever based on the quality of construction. I've tried 18 and 22 tooth drive cogs on the gear reducer shaft and am not...
I took this BADBOY in on trade in for my 60'S Murray Monterey. I had to get it running involved flushing the fuel system, changing carb, put deraileur on rear took off front one, replaced crank bottom bracket abearings and cups, chain, hooked up the brakes, had to repair tank leaks including the cap gasket, adjusted chain, and then came the gaskets the carb on tube was doublewrapped with teflon tape, intake gasket (made it), . Just took it for a spin did great the clutch wants to grab a little soafter you pop the regular pullin clutch you can just not use it anymore and its not sticky when you stop. there is a screw on the rear part of the housing like where the cover goes over the manual clutch plate looks like it is an adjustment...
Here is my second build. My first was stolen at my work. :mad: I still can't believe someone stole it, and I know it was a fellow employee at my hotel. They just better make sure I never see them riding it! I want to add some different handlebars to this one. Maybe some 11 inch ape hangers. Yeah i'm pretty hard. Only problem with this build is the chain rubs the rear tire. Any suggestions on how I can fix this? Can the engine sprocket be moved out? Thanks for all the help. I love my bikes.
What you get if a Swedish Finn from Seattle goes to Italy, becomes besotten with Italian scooters, comes back home and puts a Chinese engine on a Taiwanese frame with Japanese parts and handlebars off a French moped imported by J.C. Penney in 1966. Ja sure, twist the grip and Harvey Go!
My primary means of transportation. Works great, with the stock sprocket I can hit about 30MPH, which is a bit faster than I usually want to go. There aren't many long straightaways around here anyways, usually run into a light before. Bonteger rear rack with a custom top piece I made, to hold larger items, my gas tank, and my battery. 26"x2" Rear tire and a 26"x 1.5" front. Once my truck sells I am planning on changing a few things on it, but till then this is what I have :).
thought i would share a few pics of my only motorized bike(not the best pics. sorry). the bike is a diamondback islander, and the motor is a 50cc spitfire. the only prob left is a bit of chain slap against the tire. i'm trying to decide if i want to try a thinner tire to fix the problem. http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/utfaod/P1030245.jpg http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/utfaod/P1030244.jpg http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/utfaod/P1030243.jpg
I'm rollin'! Finally came to my senses and abandoned putting a go-kart motor on this thing (ad for it under "Buy/Sell/Trade"). Still have some finish work to do (probably always will), but rode it around a bunch last weekend. A buck's worth of gas (about a third of a gallon) went well over 50 miles! The BIKE: Huffy tandem, Shimano/Suntour drivetrain (yes, those are Biopace eccentric chainrings), Sturmey front drum brake, caliper brakes both wheels, car horns (battery not shown in these pics). The MOTOR: Robin/Subaru 35 cc 4-stroke (a whopping 2 cubic inches for you gearheads), Staton gearbox, mount kit, and rear wheel. Motor runs great, I really like it. I pedal all the time, whether the motor is running or not, runs out...
is running.Finally got the cradle built and corrected.been adding the fenders today.need front brace as you can see.will need more work on rear drop stand too.Robert Box a friend lased the wheels---a Sturmey archer dymo/drum in front.Staton 4 barring /double sided hub in back.Sun 17A red 26" rims.Replace the old head set today also. http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/frameteam2003/motorbike.jpg
So, I fired it up for the first time tonight. Had an issue or two with getting it going (chain difficulties), but got it settled after knocking out a couple more links and did a little test run. Here's what it turned out looking like: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Kuruma_Kitsune/09-09-08_1759.jpg
Back