6.5HP Bicycle Pusher Trailer

He went to pull me over because he thought I was STEALING A PRESSURE WASHER and thought I was pedalling really fast to get away with it. He asked me for my ID and proceeded with excessive force threw me on the hood of his car and on the asphalt!!!

Thanks for the story, I do feel bad for ya but.......this thread is truly entertaining.

:LOL:

I knew this was going to happen to you. lucky you got busted by the cops rather than your handtruck break off and hit a pregnant woman.

I knew this was going to happen to you. lucky you got busted by the cops rather than your handtruck break off and hit a pregnant woman.

I am building a trailer with a powerful motor (the details of which will revealed here in time) one day I couldnt wait to mount but I had not yet come up with a proper mounting system and decided to rig it just to test the power. Long story short i went to climb a hill and the mounts broke the throttle couldnt shut off quick enough and the trailer flipped up under itself propelling the trailer in the air directly at my back with the sharp broken jagged pole mounts heading towards my back.

I saw in my peripheral vision my trailer flipping in the air behind me and the sharp edge brushed my back....not even a scratch because the throttle cable held and stopped it from stabbing me.

I now have a really good system in place but....

Moral for us test pilots is.....think it through, take your time, and have the foresight to see what your worst case scenario is.

A motorized handtruck pushing a pedal pusher prolly blew his mind. :D

To threaten to taser a handcuffed person, however, is above and beyond rational.

I have to admit, however, being "Big Brother" must be challenging. What with some nuts using handtrucks for alternative transport....

PS A *motorized* bicycle exceeding the 20MPH!!! speed limit, by going 45=>50+MPH on roadways, should land the person in court, if not in hospital. My tuppence.

Last edited:
im sorry to hear about that

even if you win ...youll never be able to fly under their radar again

watch yer P's and Q's from now on

frackin power mad control freaks !

mike

Had that happened to me I would have said nothing to them, let them arrest me. They have to prove I did something illegal. My lawyer and myself will deal with it in court.
We would also be talking with internal affairs. After all was said and done, the city would be offering me a settlement in order to stay out of court. Part of the settlement would be a restraining order of protection against the city p.d.

I know lots of cops. I think some of us may be over generalizing.
1. the hand truck was in a very LARGE grey area. not realy being a mb, but a pusher trailer.
2. I would wager that the state hes lews limiting mopeds or motor scooters to a max speed or displace ment and safty regs.
3.40 on a bike being pushed by a trailer, INSAINE.( not that I disagree with the idea, heck I want one)
4. we are only hearing one side. a very amusing side, but one side none the less.
5. 40 on a bike being pushed by a motorized trailer INSAINE, WHERE CAN I GET ONE.

Pressure washer thief.

Wow, what I learned when I was younger...
Even if you are in the right you never talk smack to someone who can put you in jail. Police, Judges, etc. Even if you are right, If they did know the laws, seems they didn't. Don't do it. If you read up on your local statutes, I'm sure you'd find what you were doing wasn't legal, engine size, speed, etc. I think you made it worse bro, in my opinion.

he wasnt pulled over for cc violation or speed

they thought he stole a pressure washer !

and jammed him...id take out a loan just to buy the best lawyer
and embarrass the entire town,police dept and city council

mike

Still trying to figure out why you spent 2 days in jail.
It clearly wasn't a power washer, which they realized. And your 2 questions were completely reasonable, and by law, require answers.
An illegal engine can be checked out fairly quick. What town is this ? (you don't have to answer)

Last edited:
Back