80cc Coming This WEEK!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BirthNight, Mar 4, 2009.

1. BirthNight

BirthNight Member

Just ordered an 80cc. I'd been looking at sites charging around 350$ for 50 and 80cc engines which was too expensive for me. Also, those friction-drive engines just seem like a bad setup. I don't want something rubbing on my tire like that... and they can't possibly deliver as much power as a chain-driven engine.
    Anyway, I finally came across handhelditems.com and was thrilled with the price ($139.99). This definitely seemed like a good deal, especially because they had a few good reviews. I'm going to try to install it on the bike my dad handed down to me (a cool old yellow 70s Raleigh). - - - I'm going to need to replace the handlebars from the drop style to the flat bar type so I can get the throttle on. Anyway, I might make a lil' video or take some pictures of the installation and test-ride. I can't wait til' this weekend (I just hope we can actually get the thing put together!)

Thanks

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

welcome and good luck with the motor install

have fun as you -- ride the motor bike

3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

4. BirthNight

BirthNight Member

You're right davo - it's a little funny and weird that the video they showed was for a different engine

update - I'm in the wonderful UPS shipment tracking period! - Expected delivery - THIS FRIDAY!
    Do you guys think that - barring an unforeseen problems - I will be able to actually get this baby running after a a couple of days of installing. This is my first engine build so I'll be moving slower than some of you.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  5. BirthNight

BirthNight Member

Sorry everyone - I really should have correctly stated that this is a 66cc engine - NOT 80. I would have if I had known - but I just finished reading about it in an older thread. (Learning everyday :))

6. graucho

graucho Active Member

Nice going! Welcome to MB.c Glad your here. You seem more than ready to join the group. Good luck on your build. Post a new thread if you run into a snag. Later

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  7. Welcome let us know how we can help!

8. BirthNight

BirthNight Member

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
  9. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Try not to drill the frame like they did on their website.
    TAKE YOUR TIME & do it properly cos it'll save u a heck of a lot of time/trouble later.
    Ask about spare parts.
    Totally agree,wierd having a Titan as a 2-stroke/frame-mounted example. :goofy:

10. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

I would put my money on you and say -- yes

let us know -- always interested regarding ones first build

I would put my money on you and say -- yes

up and running this weekend

have fun as you ride the motor bike thing

11. BirthNight

BirthNight Member

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009