Engine Trouble 80cc ht won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a pro but it could be that you are losing compression at the head. Try turning the head around (putting it on backwards) make sure the metal gasket is straight and the head is tight then try to start it again. It worked for me.

Not bad advice to check the head. It doesn't happen often, but a head could be loose from the factory. It would have to be REAL loose to not even get a "pop" out of it, and you would probably hear it coming out of the head. I've actually finished a ride home with a blown head gasket,(no tools with me.) You could hear it "tish tish tishing out of the head. It's a very distinctive sound. Of course you may not hear it if the engine isn't running.
I'm still waiting to hear back from the guy. The bike MAY be running and he's too busy riding to get back to us. That's what I'm hoping anyway.
Big Red.

Not bad advice to check the head. It doesn't happen often, but a head could be loose from the factory. It would have to be REAL loose to not even get a "pop" out of it, and you would probably hear it coming out of the head. I've actually finished a ride home with a blown head gasket,(no tools with me.) You could hear it "tish tish tishing out of the head. It's a very distinctive sound. Of course you may not hear it if the engine isn't running.
I'm still waiting to hear back from the guy. The bike MAY be running and he's too busy riding to get back to us. That's what I'm hoping anyway.
Big Red.

Well, I got a new slant head motor for my MB and after I put it on the bike I tried to start it but it wouldn't start, not even a pop. I couldn't hear it but luckily I was wearing short pants when I tried to start it and I could feel air shooting against my leg from the head every time I popped the clutch. It was clear that it wasn't a good seal. I took the head off and turned it around, tightened and it fired right up. It just wouldn't seal correctly with the head the other way but I'm still not sure why. Anyhow, I hope you are right that he is out breaking in his engine and hasn't had time to respond.

Yep, All ya can do is strap that cheap chinese POS to yer bike and hope for the best.
I got my fingers crossed that he's riding his A** off.
Big Red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back