Air leak on firestorm Zeda 80

IzackB123

Local time
10:08 AM
I recently purchased a firestorm Zeda 80 engine kit for my bike because I needed a new kit and built it. I ran it for a few days and noticed that i have a high idle and I saw I have an air leak right where my carburetor clamps onto my intake so she runs really lean and customer service hasn’t been too much help so I wanna see if any of you guys can help me figure out what should I do to fix this issue because I’m not too sure I’ve just recently got into motorized bicycle kits back in December of 2022 (don’t worry I had a buddy who’s experienced in these kits help me build my kit and it’s a good build I wouldn’t say we did anything wrong I think it’s more of something on the manufacturers side) I added a photo so you guys can see where my air leak is. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
Thanks

Attachments

• 18C54885-3945-40F7-A074-8A7972393178.jpeg
    18C54885-3945-40F7-A074-8A7972393178.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 126
Common spot with an easy fix. If the carb came with an O ring in the carb socket, make sure the intake is pressed up against it when tightening it down.

If it didn't come with an O ring, go to the parts store and get a viton rubber O ring that fits inside the carb that is close to the same thickness as the intake tube.

I recently purchased a firestorm Zeda 80 engine kit for my bike because I needed a new kit and built it. I ran it for a few days and noticed that i have a high idle and I saw I have an air leak right where my carburetor clamps onto my intake so she runs really lean and customer service hasn’t been too much help so I wanna see if any of you guys can help me figure out what should I do to fix this issue because I’m not too sure I’ve just recently got into motorized bicycle kits back in December of 2022 (don’t worry I had a buddy who’s experienced in these kits help me build my kit and it’s a good build I wouldn’t say we did anything wrong I think it’s more of something on the manufacturers side) I added a photo so you guys can see where my air leak is. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
Thanks
Common spot with an easy fix. If the carb came with an O ring in the carb socket, make sure the intake is pressed up against it when tightening it down.

If it didn't come with an O ring, go to the parts store and get a viton rubber O ring that fits inside the carbnthat is close to the same thickness as the intake tube.
I second that motion, all in favour say "aye"...lol.

If it didn't come with an O ring, go to the parts store and get a viton rubber O ring that fits inside the carb that is close to the same thickness as the intake tube.
See the thing is I already had an O ring in their and I even tried adding a second one and it still didn’t fix this issue

See the thing is I already had an O ring in their and I even tried adding a second one and it still didn’t fix this issue
Only use one, and inspect the intake manifold for a casting ridge. File it off if there is one. You should have less than an 1/8" left between the carb and the shoulder on the manifold.

Back