Attention flashers from LED flashlights ?

I can't see the numbers on the bottom. It should be labeled or come with documentation. If not, you can figure it out using an ohmmeter.

Some automotive flashers require a higher minimum load than that SPDT relay or LED will provide. If you use that flasher you may have to put a resistor across 85 and 86 of the relay.

If you use automotive 1156 type bulbs and wire it according to the second diagram, any flasher should work. Otherwise use a flasher designed for LEDs or a load resistor.

Makes sense.

I'll probably be getting into town sometime next week, I may pick up the parts to try this, then.

Thanks again.

=0)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think alternating lights would be a cool idea, but you risk running afoul of the law. I would see if this could be considered as illegal flashing lights or emulating Emergency Vehicle lights.

Not sure about your state, but many states hate mopeds and ALMOs and are money hungry (ticket quotas!)
Truckers in CA have been ticketed for running their Hazard lights while going slow up hills. Since they were not parked, they were cited for illegally using their Emergency Warning devices.

Thank you, but I know how to wire a turn signal circuit.

I am not talking about turn signals. I want continuously flashing lights, for attention sake. And not both on, both off. (I could easily do that, as well, with a simple flasher unit.) I want them to flash on one side, then the other, then the first, etc... Constantly, with no effort on my part other than turning it on in the first place.

I don't want to have to keep a hand on a turn signal switch, switching it back and forth, back and forth, all the time... LOL (Besides, if I were going to do it that way, I wouldn't even need the flasher unit. Just a SPDT switch.)

Back