Auxiliary Fuel Tank for Diaphragm Carburetors

ZevO,
i have that tank and will likely end up using it sitting on an alum.angle clamped to the left mount leg for the counter balance effect.

my current concern is how advisable si it to drill a hole for the upper/ center bolt thru the GEBE upright mount strap ? i've seen people do this for a torsion location, this wouldn't place that much stress there.

i had dreamed up another fuel system but it's just more money and complexcity for just a couple oz. more fuel. not worth it.

thanks,
steve

just use a tiny hole in the center of the strap, and a self-tapping screw with washer to secure the tank. i bet the bottom can be secured with a zip-tie setup...maybe a layer of inner-tube would be a good idea to resist rubbing.

Last edited:
i'm going to be calling (trying, anyway) dave's about some other stuff, i'll see what kind of info i can get.

i was thinking of using an angle and "u" clamping it to the support leg to get enough support to keep it from bouncing down.

i guess you could just put a piece of flat stock in front and behind the leg and using the thru bolts that come with the tank clamp it together so that it rests on the top of the dropout assembly.

just wondering if that would put the outlets of the tank too low for the carb to draw ?

thanks,
steve

after yer comment about mounting the tank, i was mentally engineering the same kinda thing...single screw at the top, strap straddling the bottom 2 holes and tied into the mount.

as noted earlier, my 2-stroke will draw pretty far, 14"...i understand a 4-stroke may differ a bit.

Last edited:
The manufacturers of the style of engine surely know that this is a major complaint about their engines. Why don't they address this and make a larger tank available? As an option or to replace the existing tank. I understand that blow molds are expensive, but I bet 3/4 of the people that own these engines would replace their tank.

Back