Auxiliary Fuel Tank for Diaphragm Carburetors

cleanliness of the job is the only good reason i can give you. if you use the bottom (smaller) hole for aux inlet, i'd suggest making it larger to handle full-flow, OR snip the vent off long and use a barbed plastic "splice" for the line from the extra tank.

It is imperative that I use a vented cap on the aux tank correct?
Not sure what you mean by this: "snip the vent off long"

cleanliness of the job is the only good reason i can give you. if you use the bottom (smaller) hole for aux inlet, i'd suggest making it larger to handle full-flow, OR snip the vent off long and use a barbed plastic "splice" for the line from the extra tank.

Oh nevermind I got it. Cut off the vent part, leave the vents tubing and put a babrbed plastic splice to attach the aux fuel line. Got it!
Thanks!

ok, i cut mine "short" so i can reuse it when/if i want to, if you trim it "long" you'll have a 3/8" long piece of line to work with, but may not be able to re-use it. add a barbed splice and you're good to go. the pic should explain it.

EDIT: i just noticed you figured it out :)

more EDIT: yes, the aux cap must be vented.

Attachments

• MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
No that's good. Thanks so much.
Do you have a pic of the tank where the lines come in?

ok, i cut mine "short" so i can reuse it when/if i want to, if you trim it "long" you'll have a 3/8" long piece of line to work with, but may not be able to re-use it. add a barbed splice and you're good to go. the pic should explain it.

EDIT: i just noticed you figured it out :)

more EDIT: yes, the aux cap must be vented.

Do you have a pic of the tank where the lines come in?
i'm not sure what this means. there's a pic of a tanaka 40cc tank in the post right before the diagram.

nope, sorry, my 40cc doesn't have an aux tank anymore, but we're doing shane's this weekend, i'll update then.

Back