Basket case build

Got a basket case bike for next to nothing I'm trying to keep the budget low Around 100$.

Originly was going for a cafe build but did a quick 180 and decided to go with a early motorcycle style build.

Stay tuned ill post daily with updates. I should have a pile of parts waiting for me when I get home.

1000002487.jpg
1000002496.jpg
1000002497.jpg
1000002507.jpg

$100 total invested? How much is your labor worth? Maybe $1000? invested, huh?

I have maybe 10 hours of work into this. And most of that is just looking at the thing wondering what I'm going to do next.

Don't judge the tacks lol I got a 110 old hf flux only welder. Works well enough to goober tacks on so I can take it to work and weld it. I have the tank to frame connection sorted. I'll be replaceing the cardboard with some inner tube. I am going to look into different ways to strap it as well but these should work for now. I'll hammer then down and get as much slack out as possible. I'll have it all tacked today and then it's strip down time.
1000002519.jpg
1000002514.jpg
1000002512.jpg
1000002511.jpg

Don't judge the tacks lol I got a 110 old hf flux only welder. Works well enough to goober tacks on so I can take it to work and weld it. I have the tank to frame connection sorted. I'll be replaceing the cardboard with some inner tube. I am going to look into different ways to strap it as well but these should work for now. I'll hammer then down and get as much slack out as possible. I'll have it all tacked today and then it's strip down time.
View attachment 210016View attachment 210017View attachment 210018View attachment 210019
It's looking good.

Bike is torn down, frame and tank are load ready to go to work.

Iv started painting some of the parts, under seat, bars, forks, tree, etc.

The bike will be named the black widdow. I do have a maker's mark/ tool mark it's an hourglass with a line down the middle. The bike is all black with a few splashed of red so it fit. I have a few 3d prints I'll need to do to wrap things up and badges with my tool mark is one of those prints.

Pour one out for the dead hommies, knock on wood, cross the fingers, and stand on one leg.. this project so far has gone quite smooth.

Back