Chains Chain size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitchy

Local time
11:00 AM
I`m starting my four stroke board track build, I have a question about chain size.
I plan on running a 12 tooth sprocket from engine to a 24 tooth on a jackshaft then a centrifugal clutch and chain to rear wheel sprocket.
I see ya can get clutches that use 35 or 40 chain, is a 35 chain the same as the 415 chain?
I`m trying to figure out what I need to get for the rear wheel setup, I was thinking about one of those hub brackets that bolt up to a sprocket but they seem to all use 415 chain.
I hope that make sense to someone because I`m confused.

Last edited:
Ok I figured out the chain size, a 40 chain will fit a 415 sprocket other than being a little wide.
I see on gasbike they only sell the three bolt hub mount with a 44 tooth sprocket and I`m looking for a 50 tooth.
Question, do those hub adapters hold good on the hub and couldn`t I buy a 40 sprocket and drill holes in it to mount the hub adapter too.
They sell all kinds of sprockets at fleet farm if I could do that.

Too give ya an idea what my setup is.
I also want to run the jack shaft where the pedals were mounted but need to find bearings that fit the race, large, anyone dealt with that?

IMG_2213_zpsmzhmce6o.jpg

Oh forgot, I need to know what is the outside diameter of your average go cart clutch?
Thanks.

I run the #41 chain which is a little wider than the #415, its has a better construction and has a higher breaking point. I've been running the chain on my black bike for 4 years. I buy it locally at tractor supply in 10 foot lengths for less than $20.

Thanks Greg, will the 41 work on a 40 sprocket as it seems most of the clutches have that size ?

Not unless you turn down the sprocket a bit, 41 is narrower.

No reason why you could not put eny sprocket you like on that thing iam turning down 2 sprockets for diy shift kit today to fit a 415

That sounds like the way to go, do ya have the outside measurement of a clutch, I need to know so I know how far back I can mount the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back