Cheap HP pipe?

I was running low on fuel yesterday so I dumped a small bottle of "5 hour energy" in the tank and wow I was good for a few more hours.............then I woke up.

The doubters in this thread have reason and logic on their side, but after studying the subject of expansion chambers I have to agree that the stinger diameter does affect the powerband and peak power (and can also cause piston melt if too small). Hopefully today I will have a pipe ready to test that has adjustable stinger size so I can experiment myself to see what size changes are most effective for low end torque, and top end speed, and what would be a happy medium.

to my limited information its not the "back presser" but the shock wave of the explosion in the combustion chamber that is diverted by the shape of the "tuned pipe" witch first draws more air/fuel into the combustion chamber and then compresses the mixture to almost double the output of a two cycle engine.

mike

Yes that is what i meant. But thanks for correcting me.

Stinger size changes backpressure in the expansion chamber far more than exhaust port size.

A smaller stinger = less flow = hotter expansion chamber = faster waves traveling through the pipe = high RPM range

Larger stinger = more flow, colder temperatures inside expansion chamber, slower waves propagating from the converging cones of the expansion chamber, and resulting with a lower tuned RPM range.

Have a read.

http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/ho...ambers-work-and-why-you-should-care-3423.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansion_chamber

All these aspects of a pipe have specific affects on power and powerband:
header length
diffuser cone length and angle
belly length
baffle cone angle
stinger diameter and length
silencer
Click on my signature and read up on the subject. interesting stuff.

its a nasty horrible subject and im counting down the days til i get my license back and i can go back to fiddling with rc stuff again... and girls. omg. its been so long since i went out last...

wait...what was this thread about? wheres the comedian gone?

Back