COLD AIR COOLING SYSTEM

The heat from the exhaust is probably going to influence it quite a bit.
The air channel is fully enclosed and about 6inches above the exhaust on this side. Should be fine the other side will be much closer to the header pipe but not enough to heat things up i dont believe. Will have to see

One side of the cooling system is done just needs paint. I made the air track reduce down to a small exit. That way it hits the head with a higher velocity here is what it looks like
View attachment 191049View attachment 191050
Curious. with the "small openings on the "cowl" around the front of the engine, will that really provide more airflow across the front of the engine or will it actually block the airflow? Not sure I understand how the air somehow will concentrate "through" this enclosure rathter than deflect off of it?

Curious. with the "small openings on the "cowl" around the front of the engine, will that really provide more airflow across the front of the engine or will it actually block the airflow? Not sure I understand how the air somehow will concentrate "through" this enclosure rathter than deflect off of

Curious. with the "small openings on the "cowl" around the front of the engine, will that really provide more airflow across the front of the engine or will it actually block the airflow? Not sure I understand how the air somehow will concentrate "through" this enclosure rathter than deflect off of it?
It has a rather large air scoope that is the direct path of unobstructed air. With just a fan on high. It tested rather good the fan was 4ft away. Just by feeling with my hand the air coming through was apparent and very detectable. Since the system sits above the head. The normal air it would get it still gets. This scoops air just under the handle bars and dumps it right on top of that head

It has a rather large air scoope that is the direct path of unobstructed air. With just a fan on high. It tested rather good the fan was 4ft away. Just by feeling with my hand the air coming through was apparent and very detectable. Since the system sits above the head. The normal air it would get it still gets. This scoops air just under the handle bars and dumps it right on top of that head
If your talking about the mesh insert of the scoop. That will not be their once its painted blue. The opening will be wide open and painted black for color contrast

I got to many custom part projects going right now and since this one has tested good, im gonna pause on it for a day or two since i just have mimic the other side. For now im gonna bust out that hidden dual exhaust with silencers. Will post a video of sound before and after in my diy muffler thread

That seems to make sense, but on Autos, scoops and vents are bringing in air to "internal" areas of the auto that are not normally"open" to the air. That is why I was assuming that less air is reaching the engine with the Cowl rather than it be out in the open air. fully exposed...Just my narrow thoughts. I would think there is some "math" or formula for the area of the "capture" mechanism (funnel) and the amount that it "concentrates" in a directed stream.

That seems to make sense, but on Autos, scoops and vents are bringing in air to "internal" areas of the auto that are not normally"open" to the air. That is why I was assuming that less air is reaching the engine with the Cowl rather than it be out in the open air. fully exposed...Just my narrow thoughts. I would think there is some "math" or formula for the area of the "capture" mechanism (funnel) and the amount that it "concentrates" in a directed stream.
Oh Im sure you can mapp it out on the computer, but that takes the human brain and the fun out of it. I like to innovate with new ideas and build them to get first hand information. Im super oldschool and Unlike a computer I never get it right the first time. Its only when you revise and eliminate said problems that you get a great product. Plus computers hurt my eyes. All the parts on my bikes are handbuilt trial and error parts. No math formulas, computers, ect. just use my perception, simple physics, and intuition..

Plus this setup is just chanelling or redirecting the incoming air only for cooling. Its not meant to be like an intake or used internally by the motor. Think of my system this way. If you put a 20in fan on high at 4000rpm 4 ft away from the head the air that is getting to the head is spread out over the area. Kind of like a shotgun blast. Now if you take that same fan 4ft away at 4000rpm and you make a cone that will attach to the fan that starts at 20in and reduces down to 10in. That air will have more velocity and is more direct . When it hits the head its spready out over a smaller more focused area. Like a rifle. This makes for better cooling

I finally completed my cooling system. It effectivly captures the passing air above the head and channels it to be blown down on top of the head. I know its working because now i can feel the warm air comming off of the head while riding. Gonna run some Temperature test this weekend I'm gonna post in a second thread The test results in some video and pics.
20230502_173235.jpg
20230502_173251.jpg
20230502_173347.jpg

Jay, what are those wires going from the case to the fins on the head for? Never seen that before. Nice work/

Back