Coldest temperature you can handle (Pt. 2)

Coldest temp you can handle?

• Total voters
I rode to Northern Michigan in March once, on a 800 cc bike with a friend and the temp was 28 F overcast, and felt like 0 when we were riding. Total of 2.5 hours, and I had an uncontrollable shiver that lasted for almost an hour in a gas station. Heh Heh, I am used to the cold but never like that.

I haven't even thought about riding my bike this winter. I haven't even been on the site for a while. As it slowly get warmer, I start to think about riding more which is why I visit the site daily now. I hate winter..

Frozen

Wowzer what a big rear wheel youl need 20 hp on that one i rode all winter with fully studded tires see pic coldest was - 20c

Attachments

• 09rm_Feb_8_Centennial_Trail_Summerland-blue_skies__004.jpg
    09rm_Feb_8_Centennial_Trail_Summerland-blue_skies__004.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Photo 1689.jpg
    Photo 1689.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Photo 1602.jpg
    Photo 1602.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Photo 1691.jpg
    Photo 1691.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 111
For about the last month I have been riding anywhere between -10 to -26 C.
I ride almost every day. These engines run great at these low temps
\/\/0\/\/!!

The number of people who ride at below 0 deg (*especially* Celcius) versus, say, the number of people who ride at 60 deg... is pretty nuts.

I think most of you other guys are just pansies.

how cold do i ride in

the coldest i've ridden so far is -35+ windchill factor = - 40 wihch is pretty cold for some people but for me its the norm.:cool:

tomorrow morning it's going to be 7* F ambient, if i'm moving 40mph what's the wind chill going to be ?

don't care; i owe, i owe, so it's off to work i go !!

steve

Back