Day #1 and I'm bummed

When the state police or any other police dept. asks you for a donation, give it to them. They will usually send you an official looking support sticker. Mount it in a motorcycle license plate holder (on a piece of opaque plastic) and mount it on the rear of your bike. I have a sticker on each of my cars windshields. Works wonders when they stop you! When they come up to you, give them a real **** eating smile just as if you really Knew what you were doing.

it pays to know your local poliece areas, around where i live all out cops work by commission, (comin down hard) and they make most of it by speed traps so i just avoid the speed traps... there 2 dumb to find new places.

I have found that the majority are cool,
just like any bunch...there are those that reflect bad on the rest
the good may outnumber the bad, but you only remember the bad

My 2 cents

The way I understand Alabama regs, a bicycle with a motor is a motor vehicle. If I'm wrong, maybe bamabikeguy can straighten me out. In any event, I've never been given a second look and I've past County, State and local. If you're driving in a lawful manner, I believe most will ignore you. What gets their dander up is believing someone is trying to pull one over on them, (e.g. trying to hide the engine). For me, I'll keep everything in the open, smile and try to look innocent.

I sincerly ask Torques one question: If you became a Police Officer. Would the the Police Force that you joined be more honest or less honest? More Corrupt or Less Corrupt? Dumber or Smarter?

Most Officers come from among us and I would want to walk in their shoes before I became too critical of them. They do seem get a little jaded by the job. Maybe they are a little lonely because non cops tend to shy away, hate them, call them dumb and crooked.

Walt - Not a Cop.

I have found that the majority are cool,
just like any bunch...there are those that reflect bad on the rest
the good may outnumber the bad, but you only remember the bad

It goes like this, I know of a crooked, lying cop on the Scottsdale police force, fact. There's one I know of, so there's likely more in that group. Not being a psychic to know which ones are honest and which ones are not, I consider them ALL crooks, plain and simple, case closed. Maybe your cops up there in Fountain Hills are shining examples of cops who don't lie or fix the evidence, but I doubt it. I'm really getting sick of hearing about how wonderful cops are. No one put a gun to their heads to become a cop. They aren't any more special than anyone else, **** them. I believe the power that they hold corrupts most of them, to no return, sometime in their careers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Torques,

You write hard angry words. The sad part is you probably have a reason for feeling the way you do. I have respect for those that carry the badge but that respect also demands that they don't abuse their authority. I'm afraid some do though.

Cops on the street are...

Cops on the street are Judge and Jury right then and there. You had better suck up if they stop or Question you. That means.. Be respectful.. Yes sir, No sir.. or yes m'am, no m'am if it is a woman cop. Now.. If it is a beautiful Woman cop, then it is , Yes M'am, arrest me and put on the cuffs... And.. your place or mine? .... Just kidding... Here is what we know and should never forget about cops. They are judge and jury on the street. So.. obey the law and be nice to them.. and.. Always rotate your pedals !! When in doubt, pedal !!!

Agreed (When in doubt, pedal)
I don't particularly like faking it but it's better than the possible alternative.
Anyways me and the cops have an unwritten law....they don't talk to me and i don't talk to them.......seems cheaper that way.

Back