Does anyone know how to connect kill switch wires????

Same as mine

It sounds like you have the same kit as mine. The directions tell you to "connect the short wire to ground and the long wire to the white wire from the motor." But both wires are the same length! Is that right?
Keep in mind that it's just a simple "momentary" off/on (normally open) switch which is used to short the magneto to ground and kill the spark. So you can pretty much hook either wire to ground and whichever wire is left over to the white one on the motor. I tightened my black wire under one of the nuts from the front motor mount and crimped a double-ended barrel connector between the red and white. I'll crimp on spade connectors later . . . Make sure you have good connections because you don't want to have them come loose (or you'll have to pop the clutch to stop the thing) and you also don't want to get zapped (I haven't been zapped, but obviously other people have).

Kill Switch Connecting...

Can someone tell me how to connect the kill switch wires. 3 wires commin out my engine. black, blue,white. the black and blue i know connects to CDI, and the white for something else, my kill wires are black, and red, where do i connect them. A picture/ website could be more resourceful. thanks.

I'm having exactly the same problem and there seem to be contradictory answers here. Can someone just say whether or not black wire or red wire (or both) connect to white wire - without suggesting to buy something different?

Wow dude this thread started when I first built my bike. Now its a YEAR later! dammmm... Now im much more experienced. Here is what I do. I connect the 2 wires to my CDI (Same Color wires) , and last remaining wire I connect one to the kill switch and the other to a metal part of the bike ( Bike Frame if you can) it works by taking that electrical charge from the engine magneto going to the CDI and sending it to the bike frame, Grounding it, or in other words shorting the CDI, if there is no electricity to the CDI no spark. Get it?

OK, I think I got it. Blue to blue. Black to black. Red from kill switch to white wire out of engine. Other black to something metal.

I get the impression the two Y wires are for people with headlights - which I don't have.

My impression is the kill wire is a way to divert electrons away from cycle between ignition and spark plug.

Thanks.

the white does not get connected to the anything but a headlight if you use one. You stated that you hooked to the red wire from kill switch to the white wire, this is wrong.

Actually, what I did works. There is a red wire from kill switch which I tied to white wire. The black wire from kill switch is on the handlebar.

However, I have another problem, the throttle acts like it is all the way up and stuck there. That's why I wanted kill switch to shut off engine when that happens.

One thing after another (sigh)!

hey i was looking for this instructions...thanx search function! lol

the diagrams don't ground the electricity, do they?

thanx guys

Back