Dui, And Evading On My Motor Assisted Bicycle

Wheew all done, Its finally over. 1 Year probation, 30 day loss of licence. Thanks to all for your support.

Hey 70

LOL Loss of license is BS in my book, Who were you going to hurt??? I wish you well brother and invite you to e-mail me personally. You took one on the chin for all of us and if there's a way for me to help you out, I'm 75 miles North of you.

Wish the Judge would have seen things for what they were but they get elected too!

Appeal for reduction available??? Make a call to DMV!

The doughnut eating slugg'os should have been happy to catch you to begin with, without having to get out of the car and tackle you from the bike.

Remember, it takes a REAL COP to pull over a guy on a bicycle!!!

LOL

If I can give ANY word of advice, is to NOT drive a motoredbike at night if possible, (not always possible) because that's when the predatory pigs are out on the hunt for their prey.

Something does come to mind; if the cops came up to my door and asked "Is there a guy in this neighborhood who drives a such-and-such?", I'd say, "Yeah, it's that guy in that house over there." Not meaning any harm. And it wouldn't even occur to me that the cops might be up to no good.

Sorry. Now I feel almost like a squealer. But maybe your neighbors didn't really mean you any harm. It might just not have occurred to them to be uncooperative with law enforcement. (Which carries some risk, after all.)

Anyway, I am glad to hear that things aren't working out too badly.

Just saying to the cop "I don't know" works wonders and you won't be a snitch.

Not bad at all! What charges were you actually convicted of? Just a DUI?

Yes, DUI is all i got charged with. All other charges will be dropped after I complete the ARD. Thanks again for all the support. Just a bit more advice. I was told that county's vary in punishment for the same crime in my state. Not sure if thats how it is in other states. Thanks all again I will be sticking around this thread to answer any more questions that anyone has.

Something depressing (and only a little off-topic):

I really have always thought of the police as (mostly) my friends.
but in recent years I've heard too many stories that boil down to:
A crime is committed. Witnesses give police information that points (only very slightly) to someone local who is, maybe, not as popular as most of us would like to be. (example: the perp was wearing a red jacket. The local guy always wears a red jacket)
The police (and later the prosecutor) think, "Ah-hah! Here's our man!"
And they proceed to put all of their attention and energy into ramming this charge and conviction down this guy's throat.

Through most of my life I would have believed that a scenario like this would have only happened very, very rarely. But some of the stuff I've been hearing, from sources who are trustworthy enough that their story can't be summarily dismissed, leads me to think that it might be a good deal more common.

Very saddening and worrying. And it makes me wonder if "I don't know" isn't the answer that I ought to give in the future. (I don't suppose I'm convinced, but I'm bummed out that I need to consider it at all.)

Hey 70

Was that charge, from what I gather and assume afixed to your driver's license? Reason why I ask??? - Didn't know you needed a DL for a bicycle. That's what Federal DOT law considers your Bike.

If you want help in fighting it, get a hold of me fast!!!! Statue of limitations for appeal may run out at the Federal level. Even if it costs you more $$ think of what you spent already. I'd give you $50 toward your appeal and the rest of the guy's on this board would probably cough a little up.

What P.A. did to you is illegal by Federal Law if they put it on your Driver license!

Hardy, har, har

As to the knit wits on this board throwing shots about DUI at our BROTHER 70cc. This is our BROTHER who was out ridding his ten speed bicycle who got stopped after the fact and was found to be DUI.

Fact is, strongly supported by deffinition of Federal Law, that Bicycle he was ridding was just that.

Our Brother's car insurance, life and living just took a major hit.

I don't care if you agree with DUI Laws or not, that's not the subject of controversey here.

Was it a bicycle or motor vehicle???

Wait until one of you Crusty Old and Sober Sea Turtles get nailed for something that the Law expands to be a DMV offense.

Everybody should be supporting 70CC because what he did is not a DMV offense by Federal Standard. Further without people to fight these idiotic convictions the States make Federal Laws tighter.

Do the Sea Turtles want to rest after laying eggs for the last time or keep fighting to find an even better beach to lay on?

I havn't seen a snapper in 50 yrs. I remember the first time, and wish I never seen it to begin with. I see it messed up your life, also, there Guss. Let's make sure the youngster's don't make the same mistake! Support the ban on what I havn't done in 50 yrs!

Back