eBay performance carburetors

the stock standard NT carb works perfectly fine.

these are NOT high performance engines that require sensitive throttling. they will not spit you off into the gravel if opened wide from a standstill.

the majority of users are WOT or idling. why worry about what happens in between? as long as it runs?

learn to tune the NT first before bothering wasting money on BLING

if you want a good, easy to tune carb...get a walbro.
or zama, the cheap chinese walbro. they are both frustrating to fit, needing special adaptors, air cleaners, and usually, cable mounts... money, money and more money. sold by someone with lots of words and no real proof. you pay, they make money. yay.

no carb is going to ADD top end power or speed. learn to port first. learn to weld and make tuned exhausts.

until you can tell if the needle taper is too steep, or the slide cutaway is too large... just keep the NT.

I've done all of the above excluding the custom exhaust and I was going to buy one next and build one off of that... Me and my buddy's have drag races lol so I wanted a carb that would help all around power but also the motor can take only so much fuel....

My 2012 Grubee 66 engine was fitted with a Ron Tang made Dellorto Clone stock 12 mm from ebay. It cost $23.99 and included the cable and free freight from XJY Ming in Chino, CA. Running poorly on a new carb sold for this engine, the jet was about a 62 number size drill. Buying a set of Forney micro drills from ebay, the jet was soldered shut and starting with a number 76, the ritual was begun of running the bike and checking the color of the the spark plug and moving larger one drill size at a time. At drill size 70 the plug was looking wet and the uphill performance was weakening. Drill size number 71 appears to be optimal. Out of curiosity, I opened up the stock CNS carb and measured the jet. It was a loose 71 drill size, almost a 70. No big surprise the jetting of these carbs probably are in a close range to each other. Changing the carb did not by itself improve the uphill, upwind performance of the engine. The EPA CNS carb does not appear to have unique jetting that would hold back performance.

The choke would not disengage by itself at full throttle on the RT carb, and having no manual way to disengage, it had to be removed. The carb arrives with no instructions. A Bikeberry online video as well as the Jaguar website is helpful. There did not appear to be any need to drill another hole inside the carb for low speed performance being stock 12mm and used at about 600 ft in elevation. The filter element was similar to the screen used over a kitchen oven.

In conclusion, I would not be a hurry to move away from the stock carb on a stock engine. In the future, I would consider a adjustable carb that does not require manual jetting even if it costs more.

The "Performance" CNS carb that came with one of my GRUBI 66cc engines, was, in my opinion, "JUNK". Could not get the adjustment screws to turn (probably loc-tite). After finally getting them to adjust (practically ruining the screw heads) the carb still would not work for crap. The stock NT carb worked better. I found the NT " SPEED" Carb worked better yet. I think the simpler the better.

Back